Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong size dust boots? GS1100GK

Hello,

I am rebuilding the brakes of my 1982 GS1100GK and ordered all parts according to the parts fiche.

The dust boots that came (I ordered from Bike Bandit) are quite a bit smaller for the rear caliper and it looks like they are not the right fit.

Brake boots - GS1100GK.jpg

The pistons of the front and rear calipers have the same diameter.

The dust boots on the right (front dust boots) look like they would perfectly fit for the rear caliper.

Should I use the ones that are for the front for the rear caliper? What am I missing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

You never know how #'s can get screwed up, that's life. If the front seals fit the rear, thank goodness you have what you need, no matter what the #'s are.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thank you! I figured it out and I feel silly having asked the question. The parts I ordered were correct. The rear caliper is quite different from the front caliper.

The rear caliper does not have a groove in the cylinder. The grove is "on top"/outside of the cylinder. The boots have to be stretched to the outside and fit perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X