Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock '77 GS750 master cylinder piston bore size????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock '77 GS750 master cylinder piston bore size????

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the stock front master cylinder piston bore size is for a 1977 GS750 single disc?
    The bike came with aftermarket levers and i think they're a 14mm master cylinder.
    Ive had semi squishy brakes since i got the bikes. I rebuilt both the front and rear calipers today. The rear grabs great. The front grabs buts its definitely soft. I made sure to bleed them correctly. At first it fought me a little. I had an air bubble at the splitter block. I got that all sqaured away and its definitely soft. The rebuild kits went in great, i dont believe i have any issues there, however what I'm guessing is that the master cylinder bore might be a touch too small. Can anyone confirm stock bore size? Itd help me narrow down this issue.
    trusty old 1977 Suzuki GS750. almost a fully stock bike. doing pretty good for a 42yr old bike. no mods other than a usb charger for now. just trying to keep her on the road.

I am sure the single disc master is 14mm, twin is 16mm
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

the size is usually embossed on the master cylinder casting somewhere.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
      X