Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool keep the posts coming.
    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Looks like it will be a great bike. I would highly recommend using a front radial master like off a newer gixxer. I much prefer the feel over the busa master I have on my 1100E. Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline_Racing View Post
        Still working on it...slowly. Need to buy myself a little mig welder for starters and I also need to find someone to do my head work. I was going to have rapid ray do it but I hear he doesn't do shipping to Canada anymore. For now the bike is parked on the shed until the snow melts and I can reclaim the garage from the wife's car.
        I will do the head work for you. I just don't want anyone to get upset over what the shipping costs are. I WILL ship to Canada, I just need people to be aware of the cost of getting parts back & forth to Canada.
        Ray.

Comment

I got a bunch of welding done today. I made and installed rearset brackets only to find out that the rear master cylinder hits the frame...Doh! Easy enough to fix and it only costs me time. I am also playing with the idea of a kawasaki GPZ Fairing which I have mocked up for the time being. I like it but I will see what the folks in the appearance section think.

Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
          2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline_Racing View Post
            I got a bunch of welding done today. I made and installed rearset brackets only to find out that the rear master cylinder hits the frame...Doh! Easy enough to fix and it only costs me time. I am also playing with the idea of a kawasaki GPZ Fairing which I have mocked up for the time being. I like it but I will see what the folks in the appearance section think.

I think the fairing looks great, I'd use it.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Getting the engine put together. Just got the Cams Degreed in. Next up is to test fit starter clutch and rotor and if all is good then I will be welding them together.

Last edited by Flatline_Racing; 07-17-2017, 12:24 AM.
              Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Cool project.

Comment

Glad to see you're getting on with the project
                  GS850GT

Comment

Recently I acquired an old lathe and have started turning up some bits for my bike. Got the rear axle spacers sorted and have new shock mounts turned up and fit into the frame. The bike is finally supporting all of it's own weight.
                    Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Talk about persistence. This thread is 10 years old and only 84 posts. Keep on trucking dude.
                      GSRick
                      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                        Talk about persistence. This thread is 10 years old and only 84 posts. Keep on trucking dude.
                        10 years tomorrow since I started the thread. It is a labor of love. I work on it a little here and there between everything else in my life. It is also a good excuse to buy tools/equipment such as a welder and a lathe.

I tell my wife: "Honey, I swear it is cheaper for me to buy this tool and do the work myself than to buy the part or pay someone to make it."
                        Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

This is a cool project that I forgot all about.

Bit by bit....
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Time for my annual update. Shock mounts are built and welded in. Fabbed new rear engine mount with integral brace. I am in the middle of bracing the frame right now. I am currently using a TIG welder for everything but a MIG would sure me nice to speed things up. 
                            Feel The Pulse!

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Working...
                            X