Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700ES Carb Q, and Tachometer Q

Hello All,

I am new here. I have heard that people replace stock 700 carbs w/ 750 GSXR carbs and get way better performance. Can anyone tell me what year/model GSX Carbs will work best?? also any to stay away from??

Second, My tachometer floats a lot above 4500RPM and is as accurate as a stopped clock. When I was 20 I bought one of these new and that one did too.
    I recently tracked down another GS700 after getting nostalgic and damned if this one doesn't suck too. Anyone know why-what to fix?? I tried simple ground clean/check etc.

Thanks much!!!

Peter (Seattle)

Can't really say about the carbs, I still got the stockers on mine. As for the Tach, mine acts the same way and has been for at least the last 7 or more years. My tach is accurate up to about 4000rpm, but past that it lags tremedously and is totally unreliable. Since about 95% of my 105,000 miles on the girl have been in the 4000 to 4500rpm range, I figure that the spring that works with the needle has probably developed a "memory" that binds down in that area and keeps it from registering properly.

Comment

I've got carbs from an '87 GSXR 1100 (34mm, 2 larger than stock) on mine. As far as gaining anything, I don't know yet, I have yet to take it to the track since installation. (ran it as a weekly bracket racer in the '90s) I cannot get rid (and been told I probably won't) of a very small flat spot it has when you wick it up any from a lower speed cruise, it's only a minor annoyance that I've gotten used to. They were also a pain to get the jetting where I liked it to be too. I've had two stock tachs on it and have one from a '92 750 GSXR on it now and it acts the same way, I put a Dyna shift light on it years ago cause of that.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
      X