No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a little bit tonight, but more than the last three nights put together...

Lowered the front guard about 25mm's so I now have just over the required 140mm clearance for the full fork travel.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Mounted pod filters on the VM33s...routed/hooked up the throttle cables.
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

GSJim,have heard of "mice milk"..? got milk? They chewed/broke through garage doors elect. lift control wires,protect Suzuki and every thing,season change,nesting time,look under car/truck hood once and awhile before start up hope you not find them there or cousin chipmonk,good luck.

Comment

Just a tip to pass along...
          To keep vermin away from your prized possessions, either place a bar (or parts of one) of Irish Spring soap (original scent)
          or moth balls (available at most dollar-type stores) on, under, near your bikes and other vehicles.
          They will stay away.

Daniel

Comment

The Wife's 300M... no data bus... took the instrument cluster out of it and resoldered the data bus line on the clusters printed circuit board and a solder joint on one leg of a diode that looked a bit questionable.

did what voltage and resistance tests that I could on it, but at the moment its working fine. I still suspect an open wire in the module communications chain somewhere. but until it fails again, not much I can do without a DRBIII to monitor them.

so... on to the next project.

***edit***
            ripped the hvac control head out of it, resoldered three bad joints. two on a transistor one on a resistor leg. so far the interior temp is regulating correctly. also the no buss message on the cluster hasn't shown up again.

fixed?? who knows yet...
            Last edited by rustybronco; 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM.
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

worked on my 1990 honda cb-1 that i'm putting back together for my boss a couple days ago. it used to be a race bike, so pretty much everything was stripped off it.

i put the starter back in and the start button, couldn't do much else cause i'm having a hell of a time getting the crankcase covers off.

Comment

Finished the paint on the tank and side covers... WHOO-HOO!

Comment

Pulled the tank and filled it with vinegar to get some rust spots out.

Swapped my pilot jets out to drop them from 17.5 to 15. Should get rid of my richness problem in the idle circuit.

Cut the old headlight brackets off and installed the new chrome brackets to match my chrome headlight bucket. New look is sweet.

This week, it's time to tackle the brakes.

Comment

Knocked a few little things over tonight.

Worked out I don't have to re-route the tacho cable with the lowered front guard.

Measured up the brake line to get a braided replacement.

Worked out where to drill the hole in the front guard so I can put the rubber guide for the speedo cable in.
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

led neutral and gear position indicator

I am so tired of forgetting if I'm in 4th or 5 gear while dragracing so I think I have the problem fixed.

SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Dayum! That is pretty cool.

Comment

Removed the exhaust pipes from the 750, after a very very loud trip home last Saturday.
                          The metal gasket broke, allowing for vibrations that broke the flange at the very tip of one of the pipes into many many little pieces. Jagged and ugly, and very much open. Ridiculously loud and stupid sounding.
                          Hopefully none of those pieces fell into the engine. The exhaust flow is on my side there, I guess...

My parts pusher has it now, and if he feels he can fix it he will, otherwise there's a similar (but not identical) Motad exhaust on a GS550 destined to be parted out.
                          I voiced regrets, but he says it's getting harder and harder to find parts, and nine running GS's is better than 10 in garages. Plus he can make more on parts, of course. Sad, because the 550 looks pretty good and runs. Oh well.

Anyway, I am going away for work, and in the meantime he'll make up his mind as to what my 750 will look like for the remainder of the season.

Comment

I installed a new brake light and placed my first order for parts! I ordered new brake pads, a new headlight and headlight housing, new rear turn signals, new mirrors, new pod filters, and a new ignition. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning for these parts to arrive . I also painted my gas tank this past weekend and will paint the side panels and tail cowl tomorrow.

Comment

hi guys, ive been reading posts of you guys going to boulevard suzuki to buy parts, do they have a website? can you shop online?

Comment

Drivera84, check out your welcome packet from Basscliff again - it has links to all the major parts suppliers most of us use on here.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X