No announcement yet.

Trick to get Bike on Center Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread shows what is probably the easiest way. No wood needed. This method has yet to fail. Thank Earlfor for the lesson.

1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Steve gave a great discription on how to do this in the first page here. It really is easy, I can put my 530lbs bike on the centre stand in my bare feet!
      I couldn't do it without shoes on.
      I went into the garage one night to put the bike up on the centerstand but only had socks on. I lift the bike correctly and have never had a problem. Without shoes on I started to lift and it hurt the bottom of my foot pretty good, right in the arch.
      I didn't realize how much pressure you put on your foot. It's not just on your right arm.
      If you can do it barefoot, you got some tough feet!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by 979roadrunner View Post
        From the factory manual for 82: Dry weight 540 pounds, so I was off, but 558 is for what model? The one I have access to is for a G model, L's heavier?

Water weighs 8 pounds a gallon so since oil and gas both float, so 6.5 per gallon isn't likely too far off, making 574.8, and 6 pound for oil? 580.8.
        close, but not 600, unless the L is heavier.
        (Is boingk's an L?)
        Gas weighs 6 lbs per gallon and oil weighs 7.5 lbs per gallon (1.875 lbs per qt.)
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
          I couldn't do it without shoes on.
          I went into the garage one night to put the bike up on the centerstand but only had socks on. I lift the bike correctly and have never had a problem. Without shoes on I started to lift and it hurt the bottom of my foot pretty good, right in the arch.
          I didn't realize how much pressure you put on your foot. It's not just on your right arm.
          If you can do it barefoot, you got some tough feet!
          I said I can do it in bare feet, I didn't say it was a good idea. Funny that's how I found out I could do it, one night I went out to the garage in bare feet and noticed my bike was on the side stand so I gave it a shot. It did not feel great but not bad really.
          No signature

Comment

Working...
          X