• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes without saying: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:WNARL:US:1123

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
      http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/4300852754.html

Wow I never thought of a shaftie for off roading before !!

SUZUKI GS 1000 MOTOR - $400

HAVE A GOOD RUNNING 1979 GS 1000 MOTOR HAS 140 P,S,I, COMPRESSION ON ALL 4 CYLINDERS GOOD CLUTCH AND GEARS SHAFT DRIVE MOTOR WITH AIR BOX AND ELECTRONICS TO RUN THE MOTOR ASKING 400.00
      CALL 903-447-5409

Great. Yet another crack-head with a hack saw.

Comment

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/4300852754.html

Wow I never thought of a shaftie for off roading before !!

SUZUKI GS 1000 MOTOR - $400

HAVE A GOOD RUNNING 1979 GS 1000 MOTOR HAS 140 P,S,I, COMPRESSION ON ALL 4 CYLINDERS GOOD CLUTCH AND GEARS SHAFT DRIVE MOTOR WITH AIR BOX AND ELECTRONICS TO RUN THE MOTOR ASKING 400.00
        CALL 903-447-5409
        Where in the he** did he find that gas tank? EDIT: Ok - I see it's marked - "82 CR125" Umm yeah - that's a good fit!

Actually, price may not be bad for a complete running motor, carbs & air box. Bits and pieces of the final drive, swing arm, rear brake and front end might be salvageable. Scrap the rest....

If I was in the Dallas area, I'd run over there and offer him $250 for the whole thing. Easily get that back parting it out, even to us cheap bastiges here on the GSR.

Edit: Carbs and no kick start makes the motor a 1980 or later....
        Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
          Another "I put all this time and money into this - somebody rescue me from myself!"

There are some PRICELESS statements in the text!

I've had this as a continuing project for 18yrs.
          Didn't want to rush into it?
          Only had about 150Mi before the engine was taken out to make bigger, unknowing to me at the time 1428cc was a bit much. I think I went too big?
          No - your riding and/or wrenching skills were too small
          Engine is NOT INCLUDED. I know this type of engine will not suit most of the buyers looking here, will list separate if anybody might be interested.
          Looks like he already did.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
            Edit: Carbs and no kick start makes the motor a 1980 or later....
            Just the fact that it's a 1000 shafty makes it 1980 or later, but that appears to be an early serial number,
            so it was undoubtedly made in 1979, hence the "1979 1000 motor" designation.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

another overpriced hack job

1981 Suzuki gs1100 bobber custom one of a kind - $1900 (Nw Houston )

1983 Suzuki custom bike. I bought this as a project and when I got it the custom work was pretty much done but the bike wasn't running. I dumped a lot of money an time and have had it running for awhile but it does need a little tuning. This has parts from all kinds of bikes. Front end is from a Honda 954 as well as the rear wheel. The carbs are from a gsxr 750, aftermarket 4-1 headers (wide open). Custom hard tail, stretched and lowered. Custom seat pan and wiring. Stainless brake lines, oil cooler, new flywheel and mag. If you are looking for a bike that you can't park or ride anywhere without someone wondering what it is then this is for you. It is by far the loudest thing around. Please email me with interest. Way way more money is in this bike than I'm asking but I want to move it quick to free up some money for another project.

Copy the below link to see it in action.

Clean and clear tittle in hand.
              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
              80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Just the fact that it's a 1000 shafty makes it 1980 or later, but that appears to be an early serial number,
                so it was undoubtedly made in 1979, hence the "1979 1000 motor" designation.

Uhh true. Missed that about being a shafty. D'oh!

Yeah - could be on the cusp of '79 to '80. Can you imagine a newbie ordering parts, though, INSISTING the title says 1979?

Comment

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4300680248.html

1981 Suzuki gs1100 bobber custom one of a kind - $1900 (Nw Houston )

1983 Suzuki custom bike. I bought this as a project and when I got it the custom work was pretty much done but the bike wasn't running. I dumped a lot of money an time and have had it running for awhile but it does need a little tuning. This has parts from all kinds of bikes. Front end is from a Honda 954 as well as the rear wheel. The carbs are from a gsxr 750, aftermarket 4-1 headers (wide open). Custom hard tail, stretched and lowered. Custom seat pan and wiring. Stainless brake lines, oil cooler, new flywheel and mag. If you are looking for a bike that you can't park or ride anywhere without someone wondering what it is then this is for you. It is by far the loudest thing around. Please email me with interest. Way way more money is in this bike than I'm asking but I want to move it quick to free up some money for another project.

Copy the below link to see it in action.

Clean and clear tittle in hand.
                  We've seen worse, I suppose. Helluvalota front braking power, eh?

Comment

If you are looking for a bike that you can't park or ride anywhere without someone wondering what it is...
                    ...that is wrong with you!

Comment

Nice modern front suspension. No rear suspension combined with pretty much no seat padding.
                      Minimal distance between seat & pegs.

Seems like a lot of these probably go for sale when the project reaches the point where the owner sites on the bike & finds out what he did.

Comment

We've seen worse, I suppose. Helluvalota front braking power, eh?
                        Good thing, not much in the back.

Comment

On ebay. Quick, before it is gone!... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-450...E:B:SS:US:3160

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                            On ebay. Quick, before it is gone!... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-450...E:B:SS:US:3160
                            Lol that old chain should be used to beat the seller over the head
                            Originally posted by tkent02
                            That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                            John 3:16

Comment

Wonder what THIS handles like?

I've never seen a fairing mounted so far out in front - definitely NOT the right mount!

Other than that, it's an L, missing some parts, and a bit overpriced.

1980 GS 1000 - $1450 Milwaukee CL

1980 Suzuki GS 1000 good runner, fairing,radio pack,first year shaft drive,33k miles, luggage rack,storage box,good tires.possible 2 extra fairings $1650.00 or best offer. call Dick 414-587-3618 NO REASONeABLE OFFER REFUSED!!!
                              may take paint and body work as Trade!!! or Large Tool Box matco,mac,snapon
                              snowmobile or sled also
                              plow for truck
                              Tools no exaggerated prices won't take dealer price

Comment

I've never seen a fairing mounted so far out in front - definitely NOT the right mount!

Other than that, it's an L, missing some parts, and a bit overpriced.

Hmmmmmm.

I believe I found the inspiration.
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2014, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X