No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the Suzie out for a ride today over to Roaring Camp in the Santa Cruz mountains.
    Good ride and even got 51 mpg in the process.

1982 Suzuki GS750E
    1979 Suzuki GS750E
    1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2
    1977 HD CR1000
    1977 Kawasaki KZ400
    1974 Honda CB750

Comment

That is one CLEAN 750E... Nice bike 82Suzie!

Thanks! Trev! Very Glad to have a complete stock GS in the lineup, after 500 or so miles with it in the past week I remember why I love riding these classic machines. I was skeptical about not finding a minty 750 but this 650 shafty is lighter yet seems just as peppy as my old 750L... And for a shifty she rides very much like a chain drive bike. Very impressed with it.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got 55 laps in at The Ridge Motorsports Park (2.47 mile course).

Was a fun dry day until the last 3 sessions where the track was soaked in one section, dry in another.

I didn't want to crash at the end of the day or at all, so I took it easy in the rain.

The cool thing about it was only 4 people were on the track, when it was wet and half the paddock had already packed up and left.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
          Got 55 laps in at The Ridge Motorsports Park (2.47 mile course).

Was a fun dry day until the last 3 sessions where the track was soaked in one section, dry in another.

I didn't want to crash at the end of the day or at all, so I took it easy in the rain.

The cool thing about it was only 4 people were on the track, when it was wet and half the paddock had already packed up and left.
          pics please!! I have always wanted to go to a track day at the ridge
          No signature

Comment

Great to be on the track Carter!
            What bike did you ride?
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Since I have shallow pockets, I've been riding the Kat for 20 years.
              The newest bike I ever rode was a 2012 RSV4 Aprillia Tuono. ( wouldn't mind riding one in the future)
              Trevor what's stopping you? I rode with OPRT, which is the only non-profit trackday organization in the NW.
              There are few others 2fast, Tracktime, PSSR. Under $200 american.
              Bill, I rode the Kat. It's taken part in 15+ trackdays, with a 10 year hiatus between 2002-2012
              First shot from 6/22/15
              Have to wait for a few days for current pictures from 5/23/16,
              the trackday photog, who actually got the cover shot for RRW Trackday directory for 2016

This was from a 2-day event 8/15

All in my pawn shop purchased leathers ($150)
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

What's stopping me?? Just time and money...lol....those are awesome pics! Thanks...I have been looking at the 2fast one...
                No signature

Comment

Looks awesome! I only wish I could lean over that far. A 2002 Ducati 748 is the newest bike I've ever rode.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    I have always wanted to go to a track day at the ridge
                    That's why I asked, what's stopping you. A fellow Canadian and super fast, posted this great video a few years back with data.
                    It's within 3ish seconds of the fastest lap.

Comment

There are a few road courses around here that we can ride for $300 or so. Haven't gone yet but anxious to try it.

Anyway here's a shot from my ride on the 700 Sunday.
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Got out for a good ride with a friend today. The ol' G had her cob webs blown out.

We traded bikes for a bit, man is that Bandit 600 a nimble, comfortable bike to ride. A real nice stock setup, such a plush smooth ride. He got off my bike and had a new respect for how fast I can make it go, lol. One of these years I just might upgrade.
                        Rob
                        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                          Got out for a good ride with a friend today. The ol' G had her cob webs blown out.

We traded bikes for a bit, man is that Bandit 600 a nimble, comfortable bike to ride. A real nice stock setup, such a plush smooth ride. He got off my bike and had a new respect for how fast I can make it go, lol. One of these years I just might upgrade.
                          Bike looks great Rob! You get a new bike??? Nah....
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                            Bill, I rode the Kat. It's taken part in 15+ trackdays, with a 10 year hiatus between 2002-2012

This was from a 2-day event 8/15

All in my pawn shop purchased leathers ($150)
                            I don't know why, but I figured you rode the 83 Kat.
                            I din know you could find leathers in a pawn shop?
                            I got mine on ebay, mostly.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Bill, are you going to take out your frankensuki out to the track this summer?

A guy I've done a few trackday with, who's 72 years old
                              says, "this is about the most fun you can have on motorcycle",
                              I'd have to agree, it also makes street riding more enjoyable too.

Comment

Bmw bike night last night...nice little turn out.

my buddy Doug took his 78 750 out....just got done doing a nice restoration on it done by him.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X