Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Maybe post in electrical section.
    If blows as soon as replace fuse: suspect the R/R. Disconnect it.
    If blows as soon as turn on ignition: suspect the horn. Disconnect it.

FOr oil light not comming on: Try wiggling the connection at the oil sensor, or remove it, clean it and put back.
    The sensor should connect the wire to ground to light the light, so you can try grounding the wire as a test of the light.

It was the front brake switch. The master cylinder was replaced with an after market one last year and the plugs for the switch wires where awfully close to the mounting collar of the unit, so close that I had to remove the plastic protectors off the plugs leaving them exposed. I'd covered them with some tape but apparently it didn't stick real well, must have been oily when I put it on so the hot side was hitting the collar and grounding. Put some new tape on it and will hit it with a dab of RTV or similar when it warms up. Made a run over to West Branch today and it didn't miss a beat.
    Last edited by LAB3; 03-29-2019, 12:33 AM. Reason: syntax
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Watched Moto Gp at a friends house this late morning, then went for a loop. Perfet riding weather here in the NW, low 60's & sunny.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Did a 100 mile loop on the ES before the rain hit. Some sketchy road conditions with remnant gravel in many places, especially the middle of tight corners.
        Lots of logging going on around here, the few cars in front, were throwing up a rooster of dust.
        Some areas were shockingly denuded of trees, logging done on mostly super steep slopes, over 50 degrees. Weird.
        Had a few marbly slides front n rear on gravel, so had to be on high alert most of the ride.
        The stock 1150 seat is miserable too by the way.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Never happened without a picture......
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yeah, fake news. Haven't posted a shot of anything since the Photobucket shenanigans.
            Signed up with Imagur recently, but haven't figured out what to do next.
            As in loading photos from a phone. My handme down Mac book is 14 years old,
            each day another site won't load, the latest being RRW.

I can still look at the weather, this site, a vanagon forum, another motorcycle forum and Youtube.

Comment

Last night was the "Kick off the spring season" event at Island BMW....they held it again out at the airport....so cool....all brands welcome...and my wife surprised me by showing up on her Passport.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                ...and my wife surprised me by showing up on her Passport.

Dagnabit....Now I am going to have to start pulling together parts for next winter to get my 67 CA 100 going....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Last night was the "Kick off the spring season" event at Island BMW....they held it again out at the airport....so cool....all brands welcome...and my wife surprised me by showing up on her Passport.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.....
                  By December 1962 American Honda was selling more than 40,000 motorcycles annually, while the number of dealers - at nearly 750 - exceeded th...

You're not old enough to remember, but I am....
                  sigpic
                  09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260
                  Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                    You meet the nicest people on a Honda.....
                    By December 1962 American Honda was selling more than 40,000 motorcycles annually, while the number of dealers - at nearly 750 - exceeded th...

You're not old enough to remember, but I am....
                    Oh no...I remember! I am 53....
                    No signature

Comment

Huh...I would've guessed older.

Comment

Today is Suppose to be the nicest day of the year so far, maybe 60 degF.

Headed out for a bit of a ride before breakfast. 38degF.
                        Thought that might be sunrise over misty bayou, ... but nope, was just foggy.
                        P1020566 by Dave Vrnr, on Flickr

After breakfast went for more of a ride

P1020616 by Dave Vrnr, on Flickr

P1020624 by Dave Vrnr, on Flickr

Is suppose to be rainy most of next week. Maybe good time to check for the intake air leak. Maybe do carb teardown and soak. Robert Barr oring set is in-route.
                        Last edited by Redman; 04-06-2019, 02:48 PM. Reason: add another pic

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I had to support a couple of hospital computer system moves today in Cheyenne WY and Indianapolis IN so couldn't ride during the day despite it being very nice out. Did get out after dark to run a quick errand but nowhere picture taking worthy. Will have to wait until next weekend for the next good riding opportunity thanks to the weather forecast tomorrow.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No ride for me today, but a heck of a long drive. I picked up a Dodge Ram 1500 near Breckenridge CO for my son. Left town at 5 am and drove the F 350 up there, then loaded the Ram pickup onto our trailer and headed home. 16 hours on the road, boy I'm pooped.

It was nice to see some real snow accumulation. There was still over six feet of snow in some places. Saw a snow half pipe on the slopes off of I 70. Never seen that before, it was pretty cool.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No pics, but I finally got out for the first ride this year. I just took the long way running an errand or two. I needed that.

I tried out the new Olympia pants. I like 'em. Better than the Tour Master pair I've been wearing the last few years. It's nice to have back pockets again, though the front pockets are surprisingly shallow. Good thing they zip. I need to get my neighborhood alterationist lady to rig 'em to accept or incorporate a belt. A snap and zipper aren't good enough when the keister meets the road.
                              Last edited by Dogma; 04-07-2019, 08:15 PM.
                              Dogma
                              --
                              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                              '80 GS850 GLT
                              '80 GS1000 GT
                              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Knew level…

Been working on the tail/seat for track days. Just painted it this week, added the foam pad. Test rode it today.
                                With this seat the bike is very hard and punchy, my eyeballs bounce. Still getting used to riding this bike after 6 months of winter. Not used to hard braking and turning, I'm watching for gravel in the corners too. It don't feel smooth until I get it over 60 mph, perfect for track.
                                Pulled out of a gas station, then wound it out in 1-2 & 3rd to 10,000rpms = 117 mph. That happened real fast…
                                Might not put the regular seat back on ever again…

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X