• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadn't heard of it before, Fast.
    A nice story behind it.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Angel of the North

Interesting thing that is. The wings resemble airplane wings, not bird wings.
      I'd expect it to be toppled over by storm force winds eventually.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I’m between jobs so thought I’d take a 300 km round trip from Toronto to Sunderland, Ontario. I’d never been there, but looked at the map and thought it would make for some good riding, and the cafe looked nice. I was not disappointed, as the roads were twisty and the coffee good. The River St. Cafe is in an old butcher shop and they kept the 19th century fittings and look.

1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Today was my very first ride on my freshly built gs550!!! Been having a heck of a time tuning but finally after about the tenth time pulling the carbs off i got her running well!!! Rode to work today, i must have had the biggest, dumbest grin on my face the entire ride!!!20190624_145019.jpg
          Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Yesterday was a great day for riding. After a 125 mile solo ride in the morning, my wife and I rode 360 more miles to Aztec, NM and back. My uncle is about 20 years into his battle with Parkinson's and we wanted to pay him a surprise visit. It was only a couple of hours but we all enjoyed seeing each other. The ride home over the continental divide at 10pm was stupid cold for mid June. My visor was fogging up and I'd swear it was only 40 degrees. We'd hit pockets of warmer air and stop shivering for a minute then back into the cold. She held me real tight when it got cold which was OK with me. We took the warm liners out of the riding jackets months ago. I think they're going back into the side cases at least.

A couple of shots from the early ride. Don't have any from the afternoon ride.

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had the unpleasant task to visit the dentist today. As it was a nice sunshine winter's day here, I decided to turn the trip into a pleasant one by riding into town!

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
                I’m between jobs so thought I’d take a 300 km round trip from Toronto to Sunderland, Ontario. I’d never been there, but looked at the map and thought it would make for some good riding, and the cafe looked nice. I was not disappointed, as the roads were twisty and the coffee good. The River St. Cafe is in an old butcher shop and they kept the 19th century fittings and look.
                The thing I miss most about living in Ontario is the abundance of interesting small towns. And empty back roads. OK, the two things I miss most about living in Ontario are....
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Out running thunderstorms after work yesterday.

Putting some mile on the TUX...

Took the T120 today, going to see if I get lucky and not have to work another +12 hour day and I can go for a decently long ride after work.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Last night.
                      http://GS @ Perth Amboy by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hey, Glen
                        I fixed your picture for you so you could submit it in this week's pic of the week game. You're welcome (I went to 2 different lakes Sunday on my bike and didn't get any usable pics with a boat either). Just having fun. In all seriousness, I really love your shot.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Nice photo edit
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

took the 650 out for it's longest ride tonight, 110 miles round trip to a motorcycle cruise in,
                            things to do
                            Replace 15 yo new rear tire,
                            fix buzzing tachometer
                            new shifter(very sloppy)
                            headlight has developed a poor connection when handle bars are all the way to the right,
                            rear socks are more "shock" than "absorbers"

had several complements on it tonight,

Comment

chased rainbows yesterday, got soaking wet, but found 2, together.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Today, took the MSP Advanced Rider Course. It's free in PA. Lots of fun. Learned a lot. Almost got the the point of scraping a knee. That's close enough for me. Definitly pushed my limits (mostly psychological) in cornering. Increased my understanding and practice of picking a line and looking through the turn. Only 5 in the class made it move along at a good pace. 3 nice fellas from the Poconos area on a Big Harley full dresser, a V-Strom, and a beautiful new BMW Tiger 800, and another local guy on a new Fat Boy (not shown). BMW on the end was a 1600 (I think), belonged to one of the instructors. It was a great, but exhaustingly long, hot day in full ATTGATT and slow speed manuevers.
                                I highly recommend this course.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X