No announcement yet.

Rockauto Discount Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That promo code worked for me. Needed a new fan clutch for the Motor Home. Thanks.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Just got a new code!

Get those dumb ol' boring cages ready for winter...

Expires November 15, 2015

Rockauto also sells motorcycle oil filters, so throw a few in your next order.

Wix oil filters for 4/8 valve GS models (three lobed o-ring) are part number 24931.

The Wix number for the 16V models (five lobed o-ring) is 24932 -- same filter, different o-ring.
      Last edited by bwringer; 09-22-2015, 07:01 PM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

(I had a thing here about a spam code being posted but it's gone now.)
        Last edited by eil; 10-08-2015, 11:24 PM. Reason: problem solved
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I'm not quite sure what is going on with these Rock Auto codes but I think a good rule of thumb is that if the only posts someone ever makes to the forum is to put up a code and they do not otherwise identify themselves in any way, then we probably need to be wary. Report any such posts as they appear.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            I'm not quite sure what is going on with these Rock Auto codes but I think a good rule of thumb is that if the only posts someone ever makes to the forum is to put up a code and they do not otherwise identify themselves in any way, then we probably need to be wary. Report any such posts as they appear.
            There are two ways to identify a post from a discount code spammer:

1) The code they post is no good. Because a) they made it up b) it has letters in it while genuine rockauto codes contain only numeric digits.

2) They always have a link to their website in their signature because all they really wanted was you for you click on that link and go to their page so they can reap the ad revenue. (Hint: the codes they have on their websites usually don't work either.)
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Anyone got any current codes? We're dyin' over here.

This came up in another part of the forum. I did a little digging and found a couple of codes that worked in my testing:

I don't have a current one either, and no one's posted one in my discount code thread in a while.

Anyhoo, just Google "rockauto discount code" and ignore the first several dozen results -- they're from various useless scammers and spammers. Look for a result from a car or truck forum.

For example, this was deep on the second page of results:
              A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more!

5% Discount Code: 0DC6978429E220
              Expires: February 9th 2016

On the third page:

5% Discount Code: 3C305D84888FCA
              Expires: February 18th 2016

Both of these seem to work fine right now, but obviously I can't guarantee anything...
              Some people report success with codes from retailmenot.com , but these have not proven reliable -- perhaps Rockauto disables codes that end up there or perhaps something else is going on. It's easy enough to check, anyway.

So far the numeric codes that RA sends to individuals have worked very reliably. The alphanumeric codes (in the above examples, they're forum postings directly from RockAuto) have been hit or miss.
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Brian, the pirate4x4 code worked for me this morning shaving off about 30 bucks for me.

Thanks again
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hey, anyone got any new RockAuto codes?

I'd rather spend all my money on motorcycling, but my wife feels I should still keep the cars running for some strange reason.
                  Eat more venison.

Comment

1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

FINALLY got a new one today!

Expires September 25, 2016

Is it just me, or have they been a little stingy with these lately...?
                      Eat more venison.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                        FINALLY got a new one today!

Expires September 25, 2016

Is it just me, or have they been a little stingy with these lately...?

Thank you! It seems to me that they are being stingy with them, too.

Comment

HERE's a Castroil deal for free bluetooth speaker
                          Daydreaming about mounting one on MC handlebar and when I see chicks at stoplights I'll play this one slow song from "TopGun" ...It'll be funny, or just scary because my bike's still somewhat mean and ugly looking.
                          Like to play deathmetal occasionally since it oblitterates all cars lays waste to them, no matter what i try.
                          Dunno IF speaker is good, probably OK.(?)

This thread will probably save me atleast $20or $30 on new coil springs for front of my truck.
                          Thanks!
                          (One wheel is a little tilted in at top camber, tried bunch of stuff, down to new springs...independent front suspension Ford TTB I think it's called, forgot. F150 forum, awesome actually jams up my computer...jack up truck , camber good, let him down, tilted...thinking either spring OR the bearing in middle HAS to be...)

Now have an oil leak , found out to replace gasket have to remove motor mounts and hoist up engine...I hate cars ..geez some mCs are junk but pretty much ALL cars are cr@p looks like now...one simple gasket...Makes it hard to focus until repair that one.

Comment

Im down to entering my CC info but don't see anywhere to enter the promo code ....????
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Enter into "how did you hear about us" box or some such.
                              Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                              1979 GS850GN
                              sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                              1975-2008

Comment

Originally posted by four_shot View Post
                                Enter into "how did you hear about us" box or some such.
                                Got it. That got me -5 bucks on a 100 using Brian's code.
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X