Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block off plate for anti dive

Hi guys,

I'm putting ss brake line on my 83 gs750ed ad won't be dong the anti dive lines...where do I get the block off plates?

Cheers
    No signature

I had a set on my 1100E when I bought it, but I could never get them to stop leaking.
    They appeared to a one of, machined item, probably homemade.
    Never found anybody selling new ones, so I found some stock units and put them back.
    No hoses, I just plugged the holes with panel plugs from the hardware store and painted them.
    Thought it looked kinda cool.

If you have black forks, the plugs come in black.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Same with me, PO plugged the holes with bolts.
      Seems to work fine.
      Even if there were a blanking plate available i would mount the anti dive unit on top of that
      since it looks cool
      Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

i made some with some 1/4" alu. as for leaving the ad in place, bruh that's unsprung weight
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
          i made some with some 1/4" alu. as for leaving the ad in place, bruh that's unsprung weight
          Did you make a channel for the oil to flow from one side to the other?

Comment

i did, buuuut i also went with emulators so the channel was not strictly necessary
            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
              i did, buuuut i also went with emulators so the channel was not strictly necessary
              Very good.
              The ones that came on my bike were steel, and not very pretty.

Comment

alu machines well with carbide woodworking bits, and I happened to have a chunk kicking around
                1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I got mine here....

://tractechmfg.com/product-category/anti-dive-by-pass-plates/

looks like they've changed their name, in St Catherines , ( CDN $ )

the plates are high quality with oring seals. no leaks in 10 years

also these guys, I know nothing about ....
                  Anti-Dive Bypass Plate - Black Kawasaki GPZ900, GPZ750, GPZ550, GPZ1100 Ninja 600, Ninja 900, Ninja 1000, KR250 SOLD AS A SET OF TWO
                  Last edited by derwood; 02-19-2020, 10:53 AM.
                  GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

According to RaceTech if you've installed emulators you don't need that plate you've eliminated the anti-dive function. At least the was the situation with my '84 1150. I was originally going to put that channeled plate on to eliminate the anti dive but it doesn't make sense, it costs $100 which is over half the price of the emulators.

My mechanic said the same and he's leaving the gold anti-dive unit on because it looks like Olhins tech.
                    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys!
                      No signature

Comment

Anti-Dive block off while Keeping the OE look

GS_AntidiveBlockoff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          Anti-Dive block off while Keeping the OE look

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60278[/ATTACH]
                          How's anyone going to make money selling block off plates if you come up with something so simple!

I've seen the block off plate installed and it doesn't look pretty, the tiny weight saving gain removing the anti dive unit isn't worth losing the OEM look IMO.
                          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                            According to RaceTech if you've installed emulators you don't need that plate you've eliminated the anti-dive function. At least the was the situation with my '84 1150. I was originally going to put that channeled plate on to eliminate the anti dive but it doesn't make sense, it costs $100 which is over half the price of the emulators.

My mechanic said the same and he's leaving the gold anti-dive unit on because it looks like Olhins tech.
                            Interesting. I thought I read somewhere on RT's site to keep oil flow thru the anti dive, but I'm sure your suspension guy is far more knowledgeable on the subject.

Doesnt apply to the brake actuated anti dive crowd, but I gutted my PDF units leaving just enough inside to hold oil in.

Gutted one is on the left.
                            http://Suzuki fork mods by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            Last edited by dorkburger; 03-02-2024, 09:01 AM.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

If you install Emulators you have to make sure you drill them the correct way to bypass the anti-dive... it's different to normal.

Those plates linked are clever with the routing behind to link & the two holes. That's where the cost is. A flat plate with a chain drilled hole is all you need though... fit with RTV.
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                              X