Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies lately?

rphillips is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Just watched the original "My Cousin Vinny", & really enjoyed it. I'd forgot how much the cussin' added this film, I'm usually not a big fan of the cussin' but this one is way yonder better than the TV (edited) version. Many movies like "On Golden Pond", the cussin' seems a drawback but this one is different. Just my opinion
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    Just watched the original "My Cousin Vinny", & really enjoyed it. I'd forgot how much the cussin' added this film, I'm usually not a big fan of the cussin' but this one is way yonder better than the TV (edited) version. Many movies like "On Golden Pond", the cussin' seems a drawback but this one is different. Just my opinion
    Thank you for reminding me of On Golden Pond. It's been decades since I've watched that film.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
    "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

I recently watched Bad Times at the El Royale. thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    I recently watched Bad Times at the El Royale. thumbs up
    I liked that a lot too. Very original, great characters, Jeff Bridges was great, as always. The Dude, even as a fake priest, does abide.

Man, that one slipped past me. I loved the trailers for it, then lost track of its opening date. Need to go find it.

Nomadland is a good watch, too. I could watch McDormand in pretty much anything, but this film is damned fine.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Frances McDormand is one of my favorites. Three Bilboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was fantastic. And, of course, there's Fargo. I will look for Nomadland.

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Man, that one slipped past me. I loved the trailers for it, then lost track of its opening date. Need to go find it.

Nomadland is a good watch, too. I could watch McDormand in pretty much anything, but this film is damned fine.
    +1
    See ya down the road.........
    80 GS850GT
    79 Z400B

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan W View Post
    +1
    See ya down the road.........
    +2....thought it was excellent.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

It was a rainy weekend and I didn't feel like doing much which may have contributed to me actually sitting down long enough to watch anything as long as a movie.

But I went to the grocery store Sunday, got some things came home it was downpouring out and started watching some channel and this came on and I watched the whole thing, which I haven't done for quite some time.

Must have been in the mood for it? starring Peter Fonda, Warren Oates, Loretta Swit, and Lara Parker

Last edited by trent; 03-15-2021 at 09:43 PM.

---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window