Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello members of the forum. I recently purchased my first bike, a 1988 Suzuki GS450l with 7,000 miles on it from the original owner. Just starting out riding, taking riding lessons, and practicing on my bike. Will post pics soon.

Welcome aboard. Please create a signature with bike info. It’s much appreciated. You’ll find it under Settings at the top of the page.

Hopefully your riding “lessons” include a Motorcycle Safety Course.

Yes we want to see pics.

Most of GS’s you’ll read about on this forum are ‘85 and older but you’ll find good info here that pertains to your bike too. Don’t be afraid to ask questions in the appropriate sub forum. Good place to start reading is the Top 10 Newbie Mistakes Thread linked in my signature.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Pic of new bike thumbnail.jpg

Comment

Three years ago I bought a 450t with about the same milage, hadn't been tagged in 22yrs. This forum was indispensible in helping me get it up and running! Put 26k miles on it before trading it for a Goldwing in need of maintenance. It'll be worth the effort, they are bulletproof little machines once the bugs are sorted out.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Nice looking bike. Have fun and get to know it well.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Nice condition! If it's an '85, it doesn't appear to be much different than the earlier bikes so check out the twins section...and Manuals and info (tons!) here:
            BikeCliff's Website

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1970 View Post
                Hello members of the forum. I recently purchased my first bike, a 1988 Suzuki GS450l with 7,000 miles on it from the original owner. Just starting out riding, taking riding lessons, and practicing on my bike. Will post pics soon.
                Welcome to TheGSR.
                Thanks for something of introduction and for picture.

Good to hear about "taking riding lessons", assuming you mean some sort of class.

PS: My name is Dave also.
                And... 1970 was a significant year for me (includes senior year of highschool).
                Last edited by Redman; 11-13-2020, 09:49 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X