No announcement yet.

82 gs750 6 sigma stage 3 kit problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No didn't have a airbox when it was stock jetting it ran but now the greatest, so I ordered k&n pods and a 6 sigma stage 3 jet kit to go with the pods because I couldn't find a stock box for a reasonable price, and I'm messing with it no just started it, but the hesitation seems to be right at or before 4000 rpm
    1982 GS750 T

Comment

If I give it about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and hold it will rev a little past 4k then drop down to about 3200 then full rev
      1982 GS750 T

Comment

Now it's rev past 4k fine and gets a little choppy around 7k and has a hanging idle I've been messing with this bike for a week straight have tried everything but it still won't seem to run right
        1982 GS750 T

Comment

Mixture screws are at 3 turns out
          1982 GS750 T

Comment

If anyone is close to brazil indiana and can figure this thing out I'll pay you to get it running right lol
            1982 GS750 T

Comment

Ok so the problem seems to be between 4-7k rmp it gets choppy there and spits and sputters it pulls hard after it makes it past 7 so that would be towards the needle position but I've literally adjusted it 10 times, like I was just cruising in 4th gear at 4k rpm gave it throttle and it's just bogs and stays there I'm at a lost about to give up on this bike I bought it Wednesday of last week have been messing with it every day since I'm at my wits ends with it
              1982 GS750 T

Comment

A week is nothing. Of the 21 posts in this thread before mine, since last evening, most of them are yours, in a sort of stream-of-consienceness rant. Chill, give the people here with some knowledge a chance to respond to one thing at a time.

Welcome to the forum, and to working on vintage bikes. But if you’re looking for instant gratification, you picked the wrong bike, and the wrong hobby.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm not looking for a instant answer I am posting the running condition of the bike as it's constantly changing so to give more of a understanding of what the bike is doing, and if a week is nothing for this bike seems to be a trouble some bike I'm unemployed so when I say over a week I mean from the crack of dawn till dark for about 9 days straight
                  1982 GS750 T

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                    1982 GS750 T

Comment

Originally posted by Cbphillips812 View Post
                      Dude be careful going past that redline is like using a mostly empty lighter on a bomb, one of those times itll light and things will go BOOM
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                        Dude be careful going past that redline is like using a mostly empty lighter on a bomb, one of those times itll light and things will go BOOM
                        Also I'm pretty sure that's when your main jets turn on is where its resisting at
                        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                        1982 XS650

Comment

Ok thanks so yea I probably need bigger mains then before it was at low rpm but I think all the tinkering I got the bottom end lined out, I questioned it being mains at first but I felt like with 135 on cylinder 1&4 and 137.5 on 2&3 those should be plenty big, but the jets 6 Sigma uses I think in mikuni jets those would me 117.5 & 120
                          1982 GS750 T

Comment

Would the main jet being to small cause it to struggle under load at lower rpms around 4k
                            1982 GS750 T

Comment

Originally posted by Cbphillips812 View Post
                              Would the main jet being to small cause it to struggle under load at lower rpms around 4k
                              No that's the needles I'm pretty sure, it goes fuel mixture screws, needles, pilots, then mains, I wish I had this graph somebody posted before it shows how they work in sequence to the powerband.
                              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                                No that's the needles I'm pretty sure, it goes fuel mixture screws, needles, pilots, then mains, I wish I had this graph somebody posted before it shows how they work in sequence to the powerband.

BDB9DE37-274B-4EFF-84C5-09E8D494BC1B.jpeg

Here it is, I know somebody has a link for the tuning procedure, unfortunately dont know who.
                                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                                1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                                X