Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1983 GS850G Rebuild Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by bonanzadave View Post
    Nice ride ! Hope to see you on the road.....

Mpls ? Looks like the farm country.

maiden voyage through the Minnesota River valley.

Where you gonna ride that beast ?
    I personally reside in Minneapolis/St paul, parents place is out in the country. I won't have a garage up here to keep it in for another month or so, it'll move up to the cities after that becomes a reality.
    I think I'm going to take it out on Scenic Byway outside of Belle Plaine for starters, pretty cool road with some nice twists that runs along the river valley.
    '83 Suzuki GS850G
    Minnesota

bonanzadave is offline Forum Guru Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Gn0hm View Post
    I think I'm going to take it out on Scenic Byway outside of Belle Plaine for starters, pretty cool road with some nice twists that runs along the river valley.
    Yep. Friend lives in East Union at 40 & 50. He use to live in Belle Plaine. Ride down to Henderson for a treat at Toodys. I live in Lakeville by Leos, HD, and Moto Primo.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Quote Originally Posted by Gn0hm View Post
    That actually sounds like it might be the problem. dripping from the front, seemingly off of 1&4, I just can't piece together why it's only sometimes. Doesn't happen when the bike is off and the petcock set to on, which I figure is because there's no vacuum then. Didn't happen while the bike was riding with the fuel set to on, but did happen with prime, and also reserve at idle.
    Mine was the same, no leak when not running because no vacuum to open the petcock. But it did leak as soon as I put it on Prime. Strange that yours leaks on Prime while riding but not while On...
    The only way I could clearly see my issue was to remove the carbs and set them up on a bench with auxiliary gas tank. Watch for seepage from the fuel distribution tubes between Carbs 1-2 and also 3-4. If leaking it should appear almost immediately.