Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shindengen SH-775 installation.

Default Shindengen SH-775 installation.

Hi.
    My stator recently went bad and after reading the stator papers, I decided to buy the Shindengen SH-775 as my replacement R/R. What I donít seem to find is some info on how to install it. Does it require some modifications to fit with the original wiring? Is it plug and play?It looks like it has more connectors than a OEM one. I just want to make sure of what im getting into since its an expensive part.

L.Leblanc
    1982 GS650GL

salty_monk is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

There are threads about it on here. Nessism has a nice diagram you can find. You need the connectors (or there is a Triumph branded lead with the connectors you can use & cut off the other end for pigtails). Essentially you need to join 3 stator wires to the plug on the left and the +12v from the fuse box plus a good ground to the one on the right (looking into the end of the plugs or holding it with plugs facing down).

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold

www.agadisplay.com
    www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Here's a link for where I bought my Triumph connectors. These are the best quality ones. Keep the ends on that click into the SH775, you will have to cut the other ends off. Connect the 3 blacks that are on one connector to the 3 stator legs (doesn't matter which ones) and on the connector with 2 wires, connect the brown to your red that previously connected to your R/R, and connect the black to ground.
    http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...0676-part.html
    Manufacturer Part#
    T2500676

Image by Nessism

SH

Thanks, should be able to work with this.

If you want good quality OEM bullet wire connectors and excellent crimp tool, see www.vintageconnections.com

Adept powersports(the website that sells the triumph connector) also propose a R\R that is the exact same polaris part number that the SH/775 is (4012941) except this one is white. They also sell the stator from Ricks powersports. Is is a good idea to take everything from this site? Im confident about the triumph connectors and the stator but I want to make sur that im buying the right R\R.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Here's a link for where I bought my Triumph connectors. These are the best quality ones. Keep the ends on that click into the SH775, you will have to cut the other ends off. Connect the 3 blacks that are on one connector to the 3 stator legs (doesn't matter which ones) and on the connector with 2 wires, connect the brown to your red that previously connected to your R/R, and connect the black to ground.
    http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...0676-part.html
    Manufacturer Part#
    T2500676

Image by Nessism

SH

http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...2941-part.html

Hmmm. Didn't know they sold this, and I have never seen a white one. It very well could be a legit SH775, however, at $182.00, it's way more money than I've seen them for, even New, from other suppliers. Used ones pop up on ebay all the time for $30-60 used, and $100 brand new last i checked. There are fakes that look almost identical to the real thing. Used ones are a good buy, because these units last. I suppose they can go bad, but I've not read of it. Nessism sometimes buys them, tests them on his bike, then resells as known good R/R, and will back up what he sells.

If buying used, make sure it has the printing in white on the top fin, like this.
    SH775.JPG

That's not white - it's just a badly taken picture.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Dave, on closer look, you’re right. Just a very overexposed picture, to go with the overinflated price

I recently changed out the stock R/R in an effort to give my old stator an easier time and help it last longer. It's exactly the same setup as my S. Here's what I did if it helps anybody..
    The flasher unit was drilled out and relocated to the other side of the electrical plate and the wires extended. and the starter solenoid dropped down about 8mm redrilled small size 4mm screws. The cooling fin on the 775 was cut off to make room for the auxiliary fuse and one of the fixing holes was slightly slotted then the whole lot spaced off the plate 5mm.
    If it helps anyone

Last edited by tatu; 10-20-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.