Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    On the trailer, right?

I mean, you don't get a runner for $200, or did you?
    It wasn't even a roller. The front forks were locked at an angle and the rear disc was frozen. No brakes either....Yes on the trailer
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

[/URL]

Backed up to the drive ready to unload. In the event I get this bike all put together and polished up nice I thought I would record the fine condition it is in.

[/URL]

The only one willing to help unload.

[/URL]

The dam thing won't move. The rear wheel in froze. Caliper froze. The PO pushed while I steered the bike on my truck. The fellow didn't tell me the wheel was froze? He must have really wanted to sell this thing.

[/URL]

I see why there are no front brakes...Anyone see the land of OZ here?

[/URL]

Vintage chain & sprocket. Concrete and rust?

[/URL]

Braided lines on the front. Bad ass!

[/URL]

I'm lichen this ?...

[/URL]

Ohh! The curves.....

[/URL]

Custom!!!!

[/URL]

Antifungal Alloy. New for 83

Thank for your indulgence

cg
      Last edited by Charlie G; 11-01-2015, 12:44 AM.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Very artistic Charlie, too bad it's on your bike congrats on the purchase though, I'm thinking you must have done some fall cleaning in the garage and found a hole somewhere. Looking forward to the build thread.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Charlie, that deer is just waiting for you to walk away so it can lick all that yummy lichen off your bike. That could easily be the start of the restoration. It'll be all nice and shiny in the morning.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Charlie, you got a salt lick in your garage?
            No signature

Comment

[/URL]

I showed Chris this picture and she said " I bet you could make more room for your bike in there" and I thought Oh I can get some more..."No! More space to work on the ones I have....

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Comment

And to think all that and more started with the ol' 650.....
                Rob
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I like the close up shots, particularly the one of the gas tank.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    Good eye there. I need to focus on basics for now. Thanks for the offer!
                    You can PM me with anything you may need,I'll have it or not.The broken view port on the MC can be replaced with a watch crystal the right size.Don't have a MC if it's beyond repair

Comment

The fellow I bought the bike from called me Wednesday and said he found the key and the license plate. He was coming down my way from Central Point, Oregon and I met him and picked up the items. Note the "fits Honda" (WTF!)

[/URL]

The key worked on all locks! I drained the gas..

[/URL]

Looks the color of fine whiskey. Not much crud came out.

I don't think the tank looks that bad. What do you guys think? Will Evapo Rust take that little bit of rust off?

[/URL]

FIxed the frozen rear caliper by bleeding the master cylinder till the fluid ran clear, and freed the brake pedal. Pulled the header so I could change oil. Two dents on the header. Rust and dents on the header not real bed.

Going to order carb boots and O rings....
                      Last edited by Charlie G; 11-06-2015, 10:13 PM.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g

Comment

Charlie, you get that one fixed up, and I'll get my red one on the road and we can ride then at the next PNWR.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                          Charlie, you get that one fixed up, and I'll get my red one on the road and we can ride then at the next PNWR.

V

You have a red one? I need to talk to you about several things...........
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

Well the fact you actually had something in the tank means the bottom hasn't fallen out like mine did. That's a plus. I was going to ride the 1000 to the rally next year but if you and Vince are going to bring the 750's maybe I'll do the same. So Vince, you have one too? No pictures, it doesn't exist.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

That fuel will be fine for another few months yet Charlie, stick in another bike and go for it

That rust doesn't look too bad, but if it sits too long it will just get worse, no rattly bits when you give it a shake? I'd still be tempted to line it with POR15 and be done with it once and for all.
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I've filled tanks like that with vinegar till they're clean and they've been fine with just fuel ever since. As long as there's no rust down in the bottom, what's it look like when you take the fuel float out and look in?
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X