X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cheap 83 750e

I picked this up today

[/URL]

Really going to need a lot of work. Missing a cowl and rear blinkers. Master cylinder site window broken. No front brakes.

[/URL]

Broken tabs on side covers. Needs seat cover.

[/URL]

Yoshie exhaust with a wee bit of rust. Buff right out. $200.00 purchase price! The mulit color lichen on the tank was a real selling point. An "Organic GS" . Aged 8 years! Set for the next project...

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Yikes.... I'll be watching progress.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A 250 gallon Evaporust dip and she will be good as new
      Good challenging project. I've learned a sandblaster , paint and polish can take things along way. I see potential or a ton of parts.
      Organic he says.....lol

Comment

Holy crap ! It's the silver one. { the fastest and definitely bestest one } If you've got the bottom tab on those side covers a few strategically placed rare earth magnets will cinch them up nicely...........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Holy crap ! It's the silver one. { the fastest and definitely bestest one } If you've got the bottom tab on those side covers a few strategically placed rare earth magnets will cinch them up nicely...........

I had a feeling it was a bestest one. It kept pace we me all the way home. I've got to find me some rare earth magnets!
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            I had a feeling it was a bestest one. It kept pace we me all the way home. I've got to find me some rare earth magnets!
            Hey!!! What's wrong with blue snd white? It's easy Charlie, just take it apart, clean everything and put it back together.
            Oh yeah, I forgot, add a bunch of cash for missing and worn out stuff.

[/URL]
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Heck yeah I'll follow along to.Can even supply a few of your missing bits but my supplies are getting thin.Have at least one foot peg rubber,might be able to find the rear reflectors to if you're interested PM me.

Comment

She'll be right Charlie, bit of elbow grease and she'll be back on the road by the end of the week
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Did you manage to sneak the bike into the garage before Chris saw it Charlie ?.
                  "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                  1978 GS750
                  1979 GS750 chop
                  1979 GS550
                  2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                  2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                  1992 XV750 Virago
                  2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Awesome bike, tons of potential

Comment

Originally posted by tomo View Post
                      Did you manage to sneak the bike into the garage before Chris saw it Charlie ?.
                      Actually, I showed her the ad the night before on the computer and she had no problem with, or so she said....
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                        Awesome bike, tons of potential
                        Lets hope I can bring that potential out. Your is such a nice one.
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                          Heck yeah I'll follow along to.Can even supply a few of your missing bits but my supplies are getting thin.Have at least one foot peg rubber,might be able to find the rear reflectors to if you're interested PM me.

Good eye there. I need to focus on basics for now. Thanks for the offer!
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                            Hey!!! What's wrong with blue snd white? It's easy Charlie, just take it apart, clean everything and put it back together.
                            Oh yeah, I forgot, add a bunch of cash for missing and worn out stuff.

[/URL]
                            Yes this one is in pretty rough shape. It's going to have to be gone through pretty thoroughly. I just hope the tank is not rusted out like yours was.
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                              ...It kept pace with me all the way home...
                              On the trailer, right?

I mean, you don't get a runner for $200, or did you?
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X