No announcement yet.

1978 GS1000E Project by a Rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look forward to it Chuck. My wife and I ride up your direction quite often. A little hot right now for much.

Comment

Next time your thinking about heading OKC way by all means give me a shout.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

It has been awhile as I went through the mock-up stage. Now most everything is back from the powder coaters and painters so the assemble phase begins. Frame is powder coated metallic silver with a powder clear. Tank and front fender were painted by a local painter and all graphics are painted and no stickers. Really turned out beautiful. Now I have to figure out the back cowl. My mock-up is far from done.
        New tank mock up.jpg

Comment

Was that the original 78 tank you filled the sides in on?
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

No the original '78 is in rough shape and will be a winter project. That tank is off an '80GS.

Comment

That tank looks assume, more pictures
              Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
              The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

Now have the front end built. Sonic springs, Racetech emulator, powder coated lowers and triple trees black with fork bellows and Dime City headlight mounts. Mocking up the handlebars with where I need to drill for wiring.
                Project 10-2-2016.jpg

Comment

Profile.
                  Project (2) 10-2-2016.jpg

Comment

Awesome paint.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The "depth" in the checkerboards looks great.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sorry for the long delay but I am in the middle of a plant rebuild and haven't been online much. Here are some pictures of the finished bike. Just dialing in the valve clearance and timing.GS1000 1.jpg

Comment

Front 3/4 view

GS1000 4.jpg
                          Photos are from a photographer in Dallas.

Comment

Thanks so much to Salty_Monk for bailing me out with some great rotors for the twin pot conversion. Painted the spider black and everything bolted together as it should. Amazing what happens when you get the right parts
                            IMG_9790.jpg

Comment

One last view from the back.
                              IMG_9705_08.jpg

Comment

Very nice results. I like how minimalist it is. You should be very proud of that. The tire choice might cause a bit of controversy, but I'm sure you knew that when you selected them.
                                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                                X