Bike Bandit out of Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Bandit out of Business

Big T Posted this on the Facebook page he mods, but I thought I’d share it here in case he doesn’t get a chance. Many of us saw the writing on the wall long ago with BB.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

They had nasty high prices coupled with no cheap shipping options. Though I've not looked at the site for years due to the initial bad experience.
    I imagine a forward look at rising shipping costs plus inflation eroding sales volume was key.
    when they started Amazon was not the juggernaut it is now and I buy a lot of generic MC related things there.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Aptly named.........
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        They had nasty high prices coupled with no cheap shipping options. Though I've not looked at the site for years due to the initial bad experience.
        I imagine a forward look at rising shipping costs plus inflation eroding sales volume was key.
        when they started Amazon was not the juggernaut it is now and I buy a lot of generic MC related things there.
        Not at all.
        read the article, financial chicanery of the highest order, including accepting over $600k in orders after they went bankrupt.

Just a bunch of thieves
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I bought tons of parts though Bike Bandit. I could order OEM Suzuki parts and get them the same week. It sucks that they stole from so many people. Things must have changed there towards the end.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I'd been wondering why everything was listed as backorder. I have at least been using them to look up parts numbers, still will until their site goes down I guess.
            2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 (original owner)
            1981 Suzuki GS1100 EX (bought 2019)

Comment

Yep, they were located in CA, so folks in CA could get stuff pretty quickly.

I only ordered from them a few times, years and years ago. Not the greatest experience or service, and their doofy system of obfuscating part numbers was maddening, so I stopped using them long ago.

Overall, not surprising. They never really updated and kept up with the competition. Although what appears to be outright fraud is a little surprising.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I might have been one of the last happy customers Bike Bandit had...
                About two years ago I had ordered something and a faceshield. I received the something, but the faceshield was on backorder. After awhile I finally got refunded for the faceshield...Then, out of the blue I received the faceshild!

For tires been been going through Rocky Mountain. Other things Revzilla. For riding gear, Piston Ported Vintage Scooter Parts. Yeah it's a scooter store, but they sell riding gear too.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Wow, just realized I ordered something from them last July and got it in September. I understood the delay as just a normal delay due to covid so I didn't worry about it. The part was listed back order everywhere as well (triumph link lead harness for rectifier/regulator).
                  2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 (original owner)
                  1981 Suzuki GS1100 EX (bought 2019)

Comment

For OEM parts, I’ve been very happy with partshark.com for the last couple of years.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

It's amazing the shady stuff some people will pull...
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        For OEM parts, I’ve been very happy with partshark.com for the last couple of years.
                        Yep, I've ordered from them a few times. Partshark is a real, live motorsports dealer here in Indianapolis called Flatout. Partshark is their online parts sales division. The building doesn't say Partshark on it anywhere, and they run the businesses separately, but I can still choose to go pick up my goodies in person. It's a nice chance to wander around and slobber on some bikes and stuff.

I order most parts from another dealer that's slightly closer; OnlineCycleParts.com is the online arm of Westfield Powersports, located just north of Indy. Again, a large, very reliable local dealership and their service has been outstanding.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by JacobB5 View Post
                          I'd been wondering why everything was listed as backorder. I have at least been using them to look up parts numbers, still will until their site goes down I guess.
                          It's down now. 500 Internal server error
                          - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                          - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                          X