LED Battery Gauge by Kuryakyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat,

I'm still using mine and it still works the same as the day I bought it. Strangely enough, I see these gauges in catalogs all over the place from retailers who usually do not sell instruments. That suggests to me that it must sell pretty well.

So, I'm still please with mine and the dimmer still seems to know when to dim and when to brighten.

Best,
    Jon
    16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
    13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
    78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
    Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
    02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
    12 Aprilia Shiver 750
    82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks View Post
      I still think the best voltage monitor at a reasonable price that I have found is the Digital 5-Function Volt Meter. It sells for $21.48 plus low USPS postage.

+1 on that. I have one on my KLR and love it. It isn't waterproof either, but I have it tucked under the windshield/faring well enough. The wires are a bit thin and challenging to work with, but that is nothing that a soldering iron and some better wire wouldn't fix. I'll likely get it or something like this for the V-Strom:

or a very simple and functional alternative:

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        +1 on that. I have one on my KLR and love it. It isn't waterproof either, but I have it tucked under the windshield/faring well enough. The wires are a bit thin and challenging to work with, but that is nothing that a soldering iron and some better wire wouldn't fix. I'll likely get it or something like this for the V-Strom:

or a very simple and functional alternative:
        http://www.dualsportplus.com/univers...e_Monitor.html
        That is the second time that dualSport one has shown up on my radar I like it but I would like another LED to show me if voltage is too High.

Thanks
        Pat

Comment

Mine came defective (didn't install it until it was already out of warranty) ... the backlights never worked and still don't. However, other than that little irritation (can't use it at night because I can't see it) it continues to function just fine...

Regards,

Comment

Ok Scanned the thread and looks like a nice (for the price) device. The remote temperature guage has me thinking. Does anybody know what the upper temperature range is? Duanage said it was too hot for the engine, but I'm thinking of possibly putting it on the return line of the oil cooler which might be closer to 220 deg max (if the cooler is working).

Comment

I'm leaning twards it not going that high. I think its limits are more in the ambient temp range.
              Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
              1979 GS850GN
              sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
              1975-2008

Comment

Working...
              X