Cheapest place to buy tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest place to buy tires?

I've decided to buy a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires for my GTS. Instead of going through all the magazine ads I thought I'd see if anyone has already found the cheapest place to buy tires. Well? Has anyone? If so, please respond to this post.
    Thanks
    Willie in TN
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

I haven't looked into Michelins but DK has good pricing and all orders over $100 ship free.

Dennis Kirk has been the leader in Powersports aftermarket parts and accessories since 1969. Over 160,000 unique items in stock & ready to ship today.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I just bought two tires from American Moto Tires and they were cheaper than Dennis Kirk.

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

Comment

I had a Guy recommend Ron Ayers but I got the Tire delivered from DK for the same as Ayers price before shipping. Online tire prices are getting very competitive. Mine was delivered in 2 Days.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Iget mine from a car tyre dude.I got sick of being ripped off and mucked around by bike shops.Down here at least,most of the cager tyre places sell bike rubber and fit and balance for free.Cheers,Simon.:-D

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

I've had good luck with accwhse.com but I don't know whether they have those particular tyres.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by gus33 View Post
              I've had good luck with accwhse.com but I don't know whether they have those particular tyres.
              I've had good luck with them a number of times in the past. Several weeks ago, I bought a new tire and Chapparral had the best price I could find....(even considering that I had to pay sales tax).
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

The ones I use:

Let Ted Tread and team get you going on the road safely

Excellent service and often the cheapest prices, always within a few bucks. Located in Dayton, OH, so cheap fast shipping to much of the country. They also carry Yuasa batteries for good prices.

Great prices -- again, always within a few bucks of the others. Usually excellent service, but a friend did have one bad experience when they stupidly shipped the wrong size tire and then closed for a week to go racing. They made it right in the end. Free shipping on pairs of tires. Located in Arizona, so three or four days shipping to much of the midwest and east.

Dennis Kirk has been the leader in Powersports aftermarket parts and accessories since 1969. Over 160,000 unique items in stock & ready to ship today.

Always cheapest or within a few bucks. (They used to be very expensive on tires, but no more.) Free shipping with orders over $100, great service. I like seeing the inventory level -- the site tells you how many are in stock before you order, which is great for peace of mind. Located in Minnesota, so shipping is two days to much of the midwest. Overnight shipping available (but costly) if you're stuck or in a big hurry. You can order up until 8:00 pm central and they'll ship the same day.

They're somehow connected to Tires Unlimited -- once in a while, DK will drop ship your tires from TU in Dayton, OH, but most orders come from Minnesota. If you need other stuff from DK, throwing a tire or two in the mix is a good way to eliminate shipping charges.

There are several internet tire stores that are nothing more than a goober in his Mom's basement with a catalog. I only order from actual stocking dealers such as the above. I refuse to pay subterranean goobers to flip through a catalog for me. I also hate waiting for tires -- if someone doesn't have it in stock, I almost always go elsewhere. Again, I can order from catalogs myself.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
                  Iget mine from a car tyre dude.I got sick of being ripped off and mucked around by bike shops.Down here at least,most of the cager tyre places sell bike rubber and fit and balance for free.Cheers,Simon.:-D
                  I love the Aussie "Yeah, we'll give it a go" spirit.

No such thing here in the states -- car shops are car shops, and bike shops are bike shops, and there is strictly no mixing. Probably goes back to some frightened ninny lawyer.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Another good tire spot

Check these guys out. I ordered Dunlop Elite 3s for my '81 1000GL. Along with a set of stick on weights, and free delivery. Less than $215... www.tireexpress.com
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X