Tourmaster is truly a stand-up company!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourmaster is truly a stand-up company!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just had a great experience with this company. I bought a pair of Solution WP boots 2 years ago and used them for two seasons and loved them. This year when I put them on, the inside ripped at the seam in the heel in the inside fabric. I called Tourmaster (hellmethouse is the distributor) to see if they could fix them or possibly replace them. They said to send them in for evaluation so I did and 3 weeks later a new pair arrived in the mail. Not bad...

Josh

I just ordered a pair of these boots for myself!

Comment

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago with Rockport shoes. Now I only buy Rockports. When I receiced my replacement, I called Rockport and said they just got a customer for life. The operator said she really appreciated the call and would pass my message (it was being recorded) on to her supervisor. 2 weeks later I get a thank you note with coupons for discounts. Make you feel all warm inside to deal with a good company - too bad the auto industry doesnt see the benefits.
      For that one pair of shoes that Rockport shelled out - I have bought many pairs since then - and I have steered many friends their way.
      85 1150E

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Conlan View Post
        too bad the auto industry doesnt see the benefits.
        i wish it was just the auto industry.. too many people out there that just don't give a rats ass about service anymore.

Comment

I tend to work on a lot of cars for friends and family, and typically many thousands of dollars worth of car parts pass through my hands every year.

Not one auto parts store has any sort of loyalty or reward kickback program. Autozone has a 'Zoner card or something like that, but there's very little benefit to it other than AZ gets to track my purchasing habits. There's a meager reward system, but it's so lame that it doesn't influence my buying habits. I typically go to the Advance across the street just because access to the parking lot is a little more convenient.

Someone's missing the boat here, big-time. People like me who guide the purchases of many others are called "influencers", and being nice to us can lead to big-time benefits.

Back to the OT, -- it's great to hear TM took care of you. They typically sell outstanding gear.

I also have a pair of Solution boots, and find them waterproof and comfy. However, the soles were completely worn out in about a year -- the sole material was VERY soft foam, with very little tread pattern. They were worn mostly smooth and dangerously slippery in a couple of months of gentle wear (only wore them riding and on riding trips -- not to work or the mall), and the soles are now dangerously thin.

I replaced them with a pair of Alpinestars Ridge touring boots, and they're holding up much better.

YMMV, of course -- I'm really tough on boots and tires. And maybe TM has updated the sole material in the last few years. And maybe I should have contacted TM about my boots.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            I typically go to the Advance across the street just because access to the parking lot is a little more convenient.
            I suggest that you make friends with the commercial sales person, perhaps set up an account if you're doing so much work. A scout friend of mine works there and gets me about 20% off. It is definitely worth it!

Comment

I miss being able to get all my auto parts wholsale. Years ago I had a friend with a Auto repair garage I was able to get my parts Direct from the warehouse where the parts stores got their parts

Comment

If you have a CarQuest near you, go there. I rarely stand in line at the one by me and it's right next to an AutoZone. The quality of the parts are equally as good if not identical to NAPA and the service is outstanding. They usually have machine shop service on site also. The "fluff stuff" like car care accessories, etc., is more expensive but for that I just walk next door and buy it from AutoZone.

Comment

Working...
                X