Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help from the forum

hello everybody,
    the reason i am making this post is to find out what tires everybody likes and uses. if i can get some info back from the forum members i can get some tires deals together to try and save some of you money on tire costs. your info would be a great help.

thanks
    chris

forgot to add i can get almost any tire on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by chris@flatout View Post
      forgot to add i can get almost any tire on the market.
      Avon RoadRiders, Venom X, or Metzgers. You also have a PM sir Thanks!

TCK

Comment

I like Roadriders, some here like Pirelli Sport Demons...
        Time for another set soon too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Plus 1 on Avons. Pirelli is very popular among the corner carvers here as well!
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

No mention yet of Chen Shin Hi-Max? I've seen them recommended here more often than anything else for those on a tight budget.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I have Avons on my two... AM26 Roadriders. Got them for my friend too & am about to buy another set for a 550 I'm working on.

Good tyres.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Avon RoadRiders here as well.

I mount my own tires, and just spooned on a fresh set of Avons a couple of weeks ago. This is my third set of these, so obviously I'm very happy with them. I get around 6,200 - 6,400 miles on a rear and 12,000+ on a front. These are the only tires I've been able to go 2 rears to 1 front safely. (YMMV -- I'm harder on tires than most riders, so most people get more miles.)

I paid $163 and change delivered from http://www.americanmototire.com for the following sizes:
                100/90-19
                130/90-17

Also, in case it matters, I use Avon's excellent new Storm radials on my VX800 (110/80-18 & 150/70-17). The Brits sure do make some mighty fine tires.
                Last edited by bwringer; 07-04-2008, 09:43 AM.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

hmmm

I just got a bt-45 bridgestone tire 100 90 16 H for me bike 87 dollars taxes in.

of course if I ordered fromt eh us the customs would be a killer as would the rapacious fees of UPS or any other courier.

ca you fit tiresin a bubble envelope and send em parcel post?

Comment

Pirelli sports demons and Bridgestone BT45's.

IF you can sort cheap postage to the UK..........

Suzuki mad

Comment

thanks guys for helping me out. if anybody needs tires shoot me a pm and ill get you some prices. all the tires that were mentioned above i can get. just need sizes and i can look them up.

Comment

Metzelers always. Switched in 1987 to Me33s and rear ME99s, switched a few years ago to an ME88 Marathon rear. Always solid, no ugly little slippy surprises, and the ME88 seems to have a few extra miles in it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                          Metzelers always. Switched in 1987 to Me33s and rear ME99s, switched a few years ago to an ME88 Marathon rear. Always solid, no ugly little slippy surprises, and the ME88 seems to have a few extra miles in it as well.

Count me in on the Metzeler's. I've got Avon's on mine right now but I'm switching back to ME's when these wear out.

Comment

As mentioned previously, for those on a budget, Cheng Shin Hi Max.

Comment

You have mail!
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X