Efff jc whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efff jc whitney

I wasted a whole month waiting for them to ship my new sport fairing. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...=sport+fairing. After much research, this is the one I want. I order last month. It was supposed to ship....tomorrow. So I checked the status to make sure. All of a sudden, it says it's due to ship at the end of August now.

WTF?!! Oddly on the site, it says ships in 2 days. KINDA MISLEADING. So I called, they gave me the runaround and I canceled my order. They told me they get the fairing from EMGO.

I found the EMGO site, but they have no phone number listed.

Anyone know where I can get this EMGO sport style fairing from.

thanks... and I will not be dealing with JC whitney anymore

I got a brand new one off Ebay for less than that! It was also Emgo Branded. It was OK but the Maier one is much higher quality & looks much nicer when fitted in my opinion.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Was it the Viper. I don't like the Viper../ bullet. I like the one JC Whitney has ... as per the link above.

Any interest in selling it if it is the JC one?

Comment

Sounds like EMGO may be out of stock. If that's the case You will have to hope to find a seller who already has One.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
          Sounds like EMGO may be out of stock. If that's the case You will have to hope to find a seller who already has One.
          Exactly? know anyone....

I'm annoyed because like any toy, I was really counting the days for this to arrive...a whole month now......now I'm on a friggin mission to find one.

Comment

Nope... it was the EMGO one. Cafekid has the one I had now... not sure if he's using it or not, might be worth asking.

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have the Emgo, I think it is the "viper" I got it from an ebay seller (who still has them posted last I looked). I got it for 45 bucks shipping and all.

Comment

Check with Cycle Recycle II in Indy. I know they sell them, and I know I've seen them there in the past, but who knows what they have in stock.

Of course, good luck getting through on the phone -- they're more than a little swamped this summer, and have been slipping up a bit lately. Hope they get it together.

Don't even try email -- I've never known them to answer an email.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Try this web-site, all the way at the bottom. I bought the same fairing years back, but can't recall if this is the company. I thought I paid about $10 less, but it was a while ago, and my brain ain't what it used to be!
                  Sorry to hear about your misfortune; good luck next time around!

Comment

thanks for all the help guys.

I'm pretty sure Viper isn't the same helmet. It looks similar, but the viper viser is more..Bubbled. I've never seen them side by side so who the hell knows.

I'm thinking about getting the maier. Anyone have a shot it what it looks like on their bike. I've seen one photo of it here on the boards, but would like to see anothe.

oh and I checked bout Cycle recycle and bike therapy....not the same helmet. Why am I so difficult.

Comment

This is the one I bought and it is the same Emgo one taht JC whitney sells. I was lucky enough and they guys shop is 10 mins from my house. Hope you can pick it up....

Comment

wow, you're right..that IS the one. thanks for the picture of your bike ...It ads the context I was looking for.

I'm going to buy it from that guy! thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X