123gohelmets.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1100GK
    How about a link to the item you're looking at?

Thanks!

- JC

Comment

The biggest concern that I have with the "way cool" modular helmets is that NONE of them pass the Snell tests.

Just a warning...

Eric

Comment

They might pass the new Snell 2010 test... that is more like DOT & ECE rating than Snell 2005. Uses a graded weight head form for different sizes etc.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I heard some controversy with the old snell testing anyway. The controversy being that to pass snell the foam inside had to be so much harder that it was taking less impact from your head and making it less like you were wearing a helmet at all since your dome piece was nailing super hard ungiving foam anyway. Now i'm not saying that is or isn't the case because i've never owned/crashed in a snell helmet so I can't say. Just saying it's something to look into and why it may not necessarily be a bad thing it's not snell approved.

Comment

Lots of info to be found here:

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
              Wow that is a pretty handy little site. One good thing about SNELL over DOT that I know of is DOT sets out a set of testing guidelines of which the company performs and decides whether or not it meets DOT standards and then the DOT randomly tests helmets as they go or as complaints arise, but SNELL itself tests all the helmets that they stamp to make sure they meet there standards.

Comment

More reading:

Here are some good reading sites and tests done on various helmets.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

hprl.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hprl.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=1021&Page=1 (very interesting info on Snell V.S. DOT certifications, very current article as well 6/30/04 it was written)

http://usff.com/hldl/hoax/TestFacts.html (sort of dated material)

http://www.stockcarracing.com/techarticles/78458/ (Some home testing)

And an interesting article from Consumers Reports: http://blogs.consumerreports.org/saf...ycles-abs.html (Fake Stickers?!!)

Eric
                Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Just ordered my full face helmet. Will post my findings when I recieve it.

Comment

Received my helmet today. Tried it on and it fit well. I ordered one size larger per the advice of other guys on this thread.

I ordered a full face helmet - graphics matte black.

Wore it for about 20 or 30 minute ride, felt good. Enough ventilation and I didn't feel any odd spots pressing on my head.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbilly View Post
                      Received my helmet today. Tried it on and it fit well. I ordered one size larger per the advice of other guys on this thread.

I ordered a full face helmet - graphics matte black.

Wore it for about 20 or 30 minute ride, felt good. Enough ventilation and I didn't feel any odd spots pressing on my head.
                      If you really wanna test it out, wear while mowing the yard. Youll be the envy of all your neighbors. Id know cause they were all peeping out the windows trying to sneak a peek at my new helmet.

Comment

New Helmet = Must keep the bike!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                          Here's a review I just wrote on the headsets I've added to these helmets.

Cardo Scala Rider Multiset Q2

We are happy campers!

Hope this helps others save time and frustration finding a good combination.

- JC

PS- I did end up exchanging the helmet for the next size up as I have since recommended to others, and the fit is great! This helmet also seems lighter, maybe it's the fit or the clear visor I paid return shipping (almost $20, ouch!) and the seller had me send him my tracking number and sent the new helmet out immediately before the old one made it back! Now THAT'S great service!
                          Nice Vox write up. And I still give a big thumbs up to their Customer service.

Comment

123GoHelments Modular DOT = no

Just to throw in my $.02 about 123GH:

First, I would not purchase from them with any payment method other than PayPal. The site is not SSL secured, and the Javascript cart had no HTTPS links other than a paypal image.

I bought one of the DOT Modular (not deluxe) helmets. This is expected to be a passenger bucket and should only be used for short rides. Shipping time was reasonable, and of course it's out of their control but FedEx ground did the expected 5 business days from the left to the right coast.

Even if "made in China" were not printed on the box (and the price of the helmet did not make it obvious), the fact that there were several spelling and grammatical errors on the face shield sticker should dispel any doubts. It is a nice-looking helmet and the paint is good. Fitment seems to be pretty spot-on. THAT having been said, I'm going to have to call them up and return the helmet. First, it takes an unreasonable amount of force to try to lock the face shield down. It clicks when it's all the way closed but it's not locked. You have to give it a pretty good push shut to ensure it is locked. However, even with the extra push it is still never really locked. An upward force of what I would estimate to be less than two pounds is all it takes to make the chin bar flip up - with no press on the release button. That is, quite simply, inadequate and obviously a flaw. On my Fulmer helmet there's no way that chin is moving without pressing the release, and I always feel very confident that it's locked into place. If it's down, it's locked.

I'll give 123GH a call tomorrow and see what we can do. Maybe I'll try a non-modular full-face. Or maybe I'll just send it back, get a refund, and buy a helmet locally. BTW, their "deluxe" modular seems to be based on the same helmet shell, so I don't think I'd be willing to try that either.

Comment

I might have just gotten a dud. Hey, it's all just another point on the graph & we'll see how it goes from there.

Well, I called on Friday and he sent an exchange out in advance, which was nice. Of course I'm paying the return shipping that way. We'll see how the replacement helmet performs; schedule to arrive on Thursday. No complaints about the service, just the product so far. But I'll give them another chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X