Burks Motorsports (Stainless bolt kits)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burks Motorsports (Stainless bolt kits)

Do not order from this website, else you'll get the royal shaft.

Burks Motorsports
    http://www.westcoastmc.com/store/

From what I can gather, they were good and are now not good. I ordered a bolt kit with the carb add-on kit over a month ago, and not a peep out of them. Not a thank you, not a we're sorry, not a refund...not nothing.

If you don't believe me, place your order and grab your ankles.

just thought I'd give forum members a heads-up before someone else was out money for nothing.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2009, 01:44 AM.

Thats weird. Z1 sources their bolt kits from Burkes... I wonder if they're having problems...Maybe I will call Rob tomorrow and see. You sure you got charged and all that??

Comment

I posted this today as well

List the links to websites where you purchased items to keep your GS going.

I also ordered a stainless kit about 5 weeks ago.
      I cant get any answers to my emails, this is what annoys me the most.
      I am in Australia so i do not mind if the shipping is a bit slow, but a lack of communication is very concerning. I dont expect them to give me updates, but nobody has answered my emails since i paid for the goods.
      I have an email receipt for the kit and shipping.

CafeKid,
      If you get any info it would be appreciated if you can pass it on.
      It isnt a lot of money, but on a rebuild it all adds up, as everyone here knows.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Thats weird. Z1 sources their bolt kits from Burkes... I wonder if they're having problems...Maybe I will call Rob tomorrow and see. You sure you got charged and all that??
        We bought out Burk early this year - as part of the arrangement he was to continue selling bolts and we were to supply them to his customers in a drop ship arrangement.

He has not been in contact with us in over 6 weeks now. He owes us for all the bolt sets we shipped on his behalf from March thru April.

If you have ordered your bolts after the beginning of May, I would file a complaint with paypal immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
          We bought out Burk early this year - as part of the arrangement he was to continue selling bolts and we were to supply them to his customers in a drop ship arrangement.

He has not been in contact with us in over 6 weeks now. He owes us for all the bolt sets we shipped on his behalf from March thru April.

If you have ordered your bolts after the beginning of May, I would file a complaint with paypal immediately.
          Thank you Jeff,
          I will use this in my paypal complaint if that is ok with you?
          I was concerned about the order i was going to place with Z1, now i am confident that it will be as good as Z1 in the past.
          THANK YOU.
          PS. do you have bolt kits available now through a different supplier?

Comment

Sorry to hear you're getting the shaft too, Jeff.

Thank you for the info!
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
              Thank you Jeff,
              I will use this in my paypal complaint if that is ok with you?
              I was concerned about the order i was going to place with Z1, now i am confident that it will be as good as Z1 in the past.
              THANK YOU.
              PS. do you have bolt kits available now through a different supplier?
              We bought all the polishing machines, bolt kit composition database and inventory of bolts from Burk.

We put the kits together ourselves. Just an FYI on the bolts, we only buy the smooth headed bolts, then polish them for as long as 4 days in tumbler machines. We have arranged for custom lengths for some of the intermediate length bolts, and have purchased a custom built machine for cutting down bolts where we cannot buy the correct length bolts. Gradually we'll be adding more fastener options to our web site.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                Sorry to hear you're getting the shaft too, Jeff.

Thank you for the info!
                It is a bummer... Ironically, it will benefit us going forward, as many of his prior customers will buy directly from us. Burk is really the loser (in more ways than one). With him taking orders and us dropshipping for him, he didn't have to maintain any inventory - so he should have been receiving a revenue stream with very low expenses. Even stranger, he just renewed the web site url ownership with godaddy...

Comment

Ironically, it will benefit us going forward, as many of his prior customers will buy directly from us.
                  Yes sir, you are 100% correct with that. I had a gut feeling at the time that I should have just called Z1 and orderd the bolts from there. I ordered from Burks simply because I didn't see the carb add-on kits listed on the Z1 website. But, I'm sure I could have called and got the carb add-on kit from Z1 even though it wasn't listed. I've had nothing but excellent service from Z1enterprises.

Can I get the Carb Addon Set #737 that Burk has listed on his website from Z1enterprises ?
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    You sure you got charged and all that??
                    It sure felt like i got charged...

You know that's the part that get's me. I mean, why leave the website wide open and allow folks to throw their money down if you're not going to send them anything, or not capable of sending them anything? If he plans on starting back up at a later date on his own or what ever, it only serves to make people mad and turn them away..I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by errorcauser View Post
                      Yes sir, you are 100% correct with that. I had a gut feeling at the time that I should have just called Z1 and orderd the bolts from there. I ordered from Burks simply because I didn't see the carb add-on kits listed on the Z1 website. But, I'm sure I could have called and got the carb add-on kit from Z1 even though it wasn't listed. I've had nothing be excellent service from Z1enterprises.

Can I get the Carb Addon Set #737 that Burk has listed on his website from Z1enterprises ?
                      We do have that information here - well have to handle it on the phone or email, as neither our web site nor the our business software have the carb bolts listed yet. We are behind getting all the different kits loaded as we are in the process of a major upgrade to the web site and our business software.

Comment

We do have that information here - well have to handle it on the phone or email, as neither our web site nor the our business software have the carb bolts listed yet. We are behind getting all the different kits loaded as we are in the process of a major upgrade to the web site and our business software.
                        Thanks Jeff !

Comment

thanks Jeff...what a guy! What a company! THIS is why I try to buy as much as I can from Z1. Hey Jeff you guys planning to expand your OEM inventory? Have some parts fiches and all that? That would be mega swell, the only thing *I* ask, and I think most of everyone here would agree, please dont get so big it gets out of control... It seems many of the smaller, more customer friendly and genuine parts sources, such as Bike Bandit, Babbitts (tho they're still pretty good) have started down this path. Bike Bandit i simply WILL NOT order from anymore. We love you guys cause you actually PICK UP THE PHONE! And you're not just some schmucks thumbing thru a parts catalog. You've been there, done that, and remember how to put it back together when ya broke it So, on behalf of all of us, thanks, and keep it that way

Comment

We will be stocking much more Suzuki stuff going forward. Unlike babbetts, bikebandit and others, we try to stock what we sell. We can get any OEM parts that are still available, but we don't chase that business at the moment as our business computer systems have been too constraining.

Comment

Those Z1 paint sets make me drool, but I can't imagine any of these cheap GS-ers spending that kind of cash when we can barely bully them into replacing leaky 30 year old petcocks for $60.

Perhaps the baffling cultural differences between GS and KZ owners is a topic best left for another thread on another day.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X