Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowersportSuperstore.com (Progressive Suspension Parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowersportSuperstore.com (Progressive Suspension Parts)

Had a positive experience with these guys. Order was delivered in 10 days. Lowest price I found for progressive shocks, springs and fork springs.

Items Ordered: Price:
    1 of : PROGRESSIVE 03-1368B SPRING TF105-150B 03-1368B $56.62
    1 of : PROGRESSIVE 11-1108 FORK SPRING YAM/KAW/SUZ 11-1108 $58.85
    1 of : PROGRESSIVE 12-1204BG SHOCK-PS40 12-1204B $140.56

Shipping $16.44

Total - $272.47

Items were new in sealed factory containers.

You sure you ordered the RIGHT front springs?? The 1100s use 1107s... the 1108s are a full 2 INCHES LONGER than the stock spring for the 1100....the 1106 are also longer, but only about an inch and aquarter... Ask Posplayr...he put the wrong ones in his...had to stuff em in there with no spacer..and the bike doesnt even so much as shift its weight off the stand... Ooops (tho, my fat ass will be getting 1108s next time.. I am running 1107 and have my preload adjustement all the way up)

Comment

Where is the best place to get progressive fork springs?
      Ten days? God I could drive there and back in that time.
      I've gotten parts from Japan in two days!!!

Comment

You sure you ordered the RIGHT front springs?? The 1100s use 1107s... the 1108s are a full 2 INCHES LONGER than the stock spring for the 1100....the 1106 are also longer, but only about an inch and aquarter... Ask Posplayr...he put the wrong ones in his...had to stuff em in there with no spacer..and the bike doesnt even so much as shift its weight off the stand... Ooops (tho, my fat ass will be getting 1108s next time.. I am running 1107 and have my preload adjustement all the way up)
        According to the progressive website they are correct. If you take the progressive spring and add a 4" spacer(as they recommend), they are the same length as stock. Don't forget I have an L model.

Comment

Where is the best place to get progressive fork springs?
          Ten days? God I could drive there and back in that time.
          Dennis Kirk, for example, wants $84 plus 7.99 shipping for the fork springs. Delivery from them is about 3 days. Since I have not had much time to work on the bike, I was not concerned about the wait. I'd rather save the money.

Comment

FYI the 1108's fork springs will fit

1981 Honda CX500C Custom
            1982 Honda CX500C Custom
            1977 Kawasaki KZ1000A
            1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
            1979 Kawasaki KZ1000A MKII
            1980 Kawasaki KZ1000A MKII
            1977 Kawasaki KZ1000B Ltd
            1978 Kawasaki KZ1000B Ltd
            1979 Kawasaki KZ1000B Ltd
            1980 Kawasaki KZ1000B Ltd
            1976 Kawasaki KZ900A
            1977 Kawasaki KZ900A
            1976 Kawasaki KZ900B Ltd
            1973 Kawasaki Z1 900
            1974 Kawasaki Z1 900
            1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
            1983 Suzuki GR650 Tempter
            1983 Suzuki GR650X Tempter
            1981 Suzuki GS650E
            1982 Suzuki GS650E
            1981 Suzuki GS650GL
            1978 Suzuki GS750E
            1979 Suzuki GS750E
            1980 Suzuki GS750E
            1981 Suzuki GS750E
            1982 Suzuki GS750E
            1979 Suzuki GS750L
            1980 Suzuki GS750L
            1981 Suzuki GS750L
            1982 Yamaha XZ550R Vision
            1983 Yamaha XZ550R Vision

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
              Dennis Kirk, for example, wants $84 plus 7.99 shipping for the fork springs. Delivery from them is about 3 days. Since I have not had much time to work on the bike, I was not concerned about the wait. I'd rather save the money.
              Good point. I just get hacked about ridiculously long delivery times. I know what you mean about time, and I'd like to have the part waiting for me rather than the other way around. Thanks for the ling and the part numbers, that's probably the same things i need. Could try telling them you didn't get them wink wink! just kidding

Comment

I wonder what spring to use with NO spacer...

Comment

Google up progressive's website...they'll show you specs on all their springs for Zook...You want at least a LITTLE spacer in there tho...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    Google up progressive's website...they'll show you specs on all their springs for Zook...You want at least a LITTLE spacer in there tho...
                    Why four? I mean if you lucked out and got the exact right length and sproingitude to give you the proper sag would there still be any benefit from running a spacer?

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
                      Why four? I mean if you lucked out and got the exact right length and sproingitude to give you the proper sag would there still be any benefit from running a spacer?

/\/\ac
                      Springs is springs...Eventually they start to wear...Headroom to adjust is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post

/\/\ac

My new favorite word: sproingitude.

Thanks, man! It'll go into my mechanical vocabulary right next to gription and burnyness.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I wanted to give an update on the progressive shocks and fork springs. It's been about 500 miles since the upgrades were installed.

For the forks, I used a 4 inch spacer per the instructions, 15w fork oil, 6psi air pressure. Sag in the fork is 1.5" inches with this setup.

Rear shocks using the 105/150 springs, preload is set on 2nd notch from bottom.

New tires are Pirelli RT66 100/90-19 front @32psi, 130/90-16 running @34psi

All I can say is..WOW what an improvement. The rear of the bike feels like its on rails. No more fishtailing at high speeds. There is so much more road feel in the front end, not overly sensitive but you can feel pretty much any ripple/rut in the pavement. With the suspension mods and the airhawk seat cushion, I can actually say "the bike is now fun to ride".

Comment

Working...
                          X