old bike barn beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old bike barn beware!

tried to purchase exhaust from these guys june 8th, ad said ships 3-5 days, a week later emailed them and they said production delays, 2 to 3 weeks. 3 weeks later emailed again and was emailed back again and told 2-3 weeks again. by now it had been 5 weeks since ordered. called and guy i spoke to really seemed to care less and couldn't even give me a ballpark estimate. cancelled order last monday and still have not had my money returned. ordered v+h pipes from bike bandit instead and they arrived in 3 days!

OBB has made the Deadbeat list in the past but got better for a while. It appears old habits die hard.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

OBB strikes again. They're pretty famous for charging your card ASAP and not shipping the goods until much later, or not at all.

You may want to check in with your financial institution about initiating a chargeback. You only have a certain amount of time to do this, so make sure you check with them to see what is required and when.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Yeah, I think its about time I changed my signature to:
        "If you want to spend your money for something you will never get and never want to see your money again, order something from Old Bike Barn".

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          Yeah, I think its about time I changed my signature to:
          "If you want to spend your money for something you will never get and never want to see your money again, order something from Old Bike Barn".

Earl
          .....and you could add "or Anderson Vintage Parts" to your sig line as well.....
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

i placed an order over a month ago, waited over 2 weeks, went to the site only to see my order wasnt even completed so i cancelled..they told me they would return my money to my card in 3 - 5 business days...its ben almost 3 more weeks - try reaching customer service there hahaha, put on hold immediatley, then you get a recording saying "we are sorry, but due to the volume of calls we are unable to answer at this time. please leave a message, or call back at a later time." then it hangs up on you - GREAT way to do business

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              .....and you could add "or Anderson Vintage Parts" to your sig line as well.....
              Yeah, those people are on my avoid like the plague list along side old bike barn.

Earl
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

cancelled exhaust order july 8th. now august 4th, still no money back.

Comment

I hope you used a credit card. Just call your cc company and initiate a charge back.

Comment

Working...
                  X