Roadgear Coconut socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadgear Coconut socks

Along with the LDComfort Airline shorts reviewed here, I also bought a pair of Roadgear Coconut socks. These are high-tech socks made with Cocona fabrics which use activated carbon from coconut shells to help evaporative cooling and odor control. The socks are relatively thin and snug-fitting. They are tall enough to wear with boots and stay up very well. They have been favorably reviewed by WebBikeWorld (actually the first generation of these socks was reviewed here) and Motorcycle Consumer News. I wore the socks on my daily brisk 45 minute dog walk. Normally my socks are damp with perspiration when I return from the walk. Today I walked longer and more briskly than usual and when I got home my feet were bone dry. While this is not an in-depth test, I am so far impressed with the evaporative properties of these socks.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

And there you have it, folks -- an in-depth report from Joe's Sock Drawer, just below Joe's Underwear Drawer!

But seriously, those are some seriously damn nice socks.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Here's an update..............I LOVE these socks! My feet have been dry, warm, and comfortable all evening. These are BY FAR the most comfortable socks I have ever worn.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I did a search for coconut socks and found these

are they similar?

It looks like cocona fiber is used by many different sock manufacturers to make socks.

Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

The hard part is finding socks that are tall enough to work under touring boots and that will stay up. The Sears socks seem to be an ordinary shape and height, so they're probably nice under regular shoes but fairly pointless under motorcycle boots.

It's VERY hard to find boot socks in stores for some reason, and when you do, they always seem to be made of crappy cotton or stinky, clammy acrylic. Baggy, thick "hunting" socks are also easy to find, and also completely useless.

I have a few pairs of Underarmor baseball socks (the ones that go up to the knee) that work great in the summer.
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            I have a few pairs of Underarmor baseball socks (the ones that go up to the knee) that work great in the summer.
            .............and look great with shorts and sandals............
            IBA# 24077
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

I usually ride in a 6" or 8" boot so the socks may work. If I get a chance I'll stop by sears and check them out. The price is right at 2 pairs for $7, worth a look anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                I usually ride in a 6" or 8" boot so the socks may work. If I get a chance I'll stop by sears and check them out. The price is right at 2 pairs for $7, worth a look anyway.
                Yep -- the worst that can happen is that you'll have a nice pair of socks!
                Eat more venison.

Comment

I ordered two pair of these socks today...

Let's see if Joe knows his socks...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    I ordered two pair of these socks today...

Let's see if Joe knows his socks...
                    Joe knows socks alright. Unfortunately I managed to lose my only pair of Coconut Socks last weekend at the MotoGP. I need to order some more for myself.
                    IBA# 24077
                    '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
                      I need to order some more for myself.
                      Just received...

Dear Robert:
                      Thank you for your order. Currently we are sold out of the Coconut socks. We are in the final stages of the development of the new G3 (Generation 3) Coconut Socks. These socks will be more superior and advanced than the current socks.
                      Production on the new G3 socks will be started next week. Delivery to us is expected to be nextweek.
                      We will place your order on back order to process and ship once in. We do not charge for back orders until they ship.
                      Let us know how we can be of any further assistance. Ride Safe!
                      Jody
                      Customer Care Manager
                      800 854-4327

Comment

Another case of Joe knows...

These socks were well worth the money...wore the one pair for all three days at Fennimore rally...
                        My feet were dry, warm and comfy...plus, no complaints from my wife, (if ya know what I mean)...

Outstanding product...

Comment

Special offer - 25% off Gen 3 Coconut Socks

Just received an email from Roadgear offering the new Gen 3 Coconut socks at a 25% discount. I'm glad I waited to order.

Enter code GEN325 at checkout to receive the discount.

Thanks,
                          Joe

******EDIT******

Apparently the pricing on the website doesn't work correctly if you order more than one pair of socks, the discount is applied just once. I failed to notice this but got an email from their customer service within five minutes of placing the order telling me the discount would be applied to both pairs I ordered. You might want to put a note on your order if you order more than one pair. I have always had excellent customer service from Roadgear and that's another reason to love these guys. I'm due for new pair of boots and will probably buy a pair of their XKJ boots at the show in February.
                          Last edited by Joe Nardy; 10-25-2010, 03:26 PM.
                          IBA# 24077
                          '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Just bumping up this old thread because man, these are great socks.
                            I've been using my first two pair for over two years now on various trips.

A year or so ago, my wife started wearing hers on a daily basis, and loves them. She bought a few more pairs at the motorcycle show this year.

So, based on that, I order myself three more pair in a crew length for everyday wear, and my wife is correct, these things rock for everyday wear.

Comment

i can testify that these are, indeed, great socks.
                              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
                              X