Stator rebuild or exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator rebuild or exchange

Found an idependent all American Stator rebuilder for a variety of bikes. Will exchange or rebuild stator for a very resonable amount. This rebuild comes with a 1 yr. warranty, also. I do have an order in to give this a try. I really don't see the need to pay for an item imported as opposed to spending my money for a service here in the USA. Here is the Company:
    TPE-Tim Parrott Enterprises
    Attn: Rebuild services
    342 Moon Road
    Kellyton, Al 35089
    tim@tpe-usa.com
    Bob

Originally posted by bmac View Post
    Found an idependent all American Stator rebuilder for a variety of bikes. Will exchange or rebuild stator for a very resonable amount. This rebuild comes with a 1 yr. warranty, also. I do have an order in to give this a try. I really don't see the need to pay for an item imported as opposed to spending my money for a service here in the USA. Here is the Company:
    TPE-Tim Parrott Enterprises
    Attn: Rebuild services
    342 Moon Road
    Kellyton, Al 35089
    tim@tpe-usa.com
    Bob
    Do you have a typical cost? A stator should fit into a USPS $4.95 flat rate box for $10 cover shipping?

Comment

"no cheep imported parts"

Comment

Stator

You beat me to it. Mine was $79.95 plus 12 something for shipping. They also have r/r that are of a new development for $79.95. He is sending me the spec sheet for it. Bob

Comment

Stator Rebuilder

Just received my stator rebuild/exchange. Rebuild qualities look good, Insulated well with rubber bushing and soldered connectors with shields. I like the fact of the long leads, also. Shipped to my door $91.45 and a shipping label to send back the exchange. Part was $79.95.

Comment

Ooh, purty!

Those bullet connectors are still evil, bad, and wrong. I would replace both the bike and stator sides with proper spade terminals pronto.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

connectors

C'mon Brian, I don't plan to have the the bike another 28 yrs. The bike is an 82. So, If they are so evil, have you replaced ALL your oem connectors on all the bike's you have or had? I think not.... New bullit connectors and dielectric grease for me thank you. I have used spade connectors on my other models I have had to replace stator/regulators. But did not feel the need to do it on this application. Time will tell and I am old. I don't think I will be around when it will need another electrical repair. Bob

Comment

Well, based on his email to me this AM, the price sounds reasonable for my stator but I'll see how this other one I'm getting from Tkent02 will turn out first. Thank you for the info.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  C'mon Brian, I don't plan to have the the bike another 28 yrs. The bike is an 82. So, If they are so evil, have you replaced ALL your oem connectors on all the bike's you have or had? I think not.... New bullit connectors and dielectric grease for me thank you. I have used spade connectors on my other models I have had to replace stator/regulators. But did not feel the need to do it on this application. Time will tell and I am old. I don't think I will be around when it will need another electrical repair. Bob

All the critical bullet connectors, you bet your bippy I have replaced them.

There are still a few bullet connectors left here and there on my bike, like maybe the oil pressure switch wire, but not in any roles that could leave me stranded, like the coils.

The various "block" type connectors used for most GS wiring are fine as long as they're kept clean and deoxidized.

Bullet connectors are more prone to corrosion, so if you've added deoxidant grease they should be fine for a while.

I'll be the first to admit I hate wiring, so I am prone to overkill in this area -- I wire stuff so I never have to do it again.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

How did the stator from this company work out? I am in need of one and am wondering if I should give him a try or go to elctro sport etc....

Comment

Stator

I had installed the stator, modified the wiring, replaced the r/r with a Honda reg. and also installed a volt meter on the bike. Everything works fine. Don't have a problem with recommending their product. Would use them again in a heartbeat. Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X