Armored jeans I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armored jeans I like

Just got these armored jeans. I like the fit, been want something for casual road riding pants with armored knees that people won't STARE AT in stores and restaurants:
    Speed and Strength Rage With The Machine Jeans

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

I've been looking at those for a while but the price and lack of hip armor turns me off.

My wife bought me two pairs of kevlar + arrmor jeans off Amazon as a Chrismas gift, they were something like $70 each. I believe the brand name was "Juicy" but I'm not finding the exact pair on the site now. They look to be well made and have cargo pockets. It'll be some time before I'll get to try them out as they were too small (need to be returned) and I won't get to actually ride in them for a few months.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

For my short city streets commute, kevlar-lined jeans are fairly practical. The best I've found by far are Diamond Gusset Defenders -- I have four pairs.
      Defender Motorcycle Riding Jeans by Diamond Gusset are the perfect pants for motorcycle riders. Motorcycle Jeans Made For Riders. By Riders

They don't have provisions for armor, though, so I usually don armored mesh pants for longer trips. I don't know of any kevlar jeans that have a place for hip armor, although it would be easy enough to sew some velcro or cloth pockets in there.

There are some folks who wear Bohn body armor underneath Kevlar jeans -- this is probably one of the better overall solutions, because it ensures the armor is always in the right place. However, you have to take your pants off to remove the armor.

I don't really give a crap if people stare, and no one much cares what I wear to work, but dealing with overpants or liners is a pain.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Me, I found out taking my pants off to put on under armor tended not to happen. So I wanted the knee armor built into my casual pants.
        Funny, I almost got them covered with wood powder as I was about to do some power sanding after coming back from a ride.
        These I just happened to get the last day of the holiday sales @ $116. Next day they're at $130.
        My regular riding pants the past few years have been carpenter pants with leather knee patches I sewed on. But they've become rather oil stained by my GS1100G.
        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-07-2016, 02:51 PM.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
        X