Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonic Springs still a good company? Amy I getting scammed/ripped off??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Springs still a good company? Amy I getting scammed/ripped off??

So I have been planning a rebuild/upgrade on my front forks for awhile. Based on many glowing reviews on this forum, I decided to order my springs from Sonic Springs. I believe the former owner is/was a regular member here, and I saw MANY positive reviews of the company's quality, customer service etc. Being one who always likes to support "the little guy", especially if they have a connection to a forum i love, I ordered some springs through them. This is the timeline of events:
    May 13: Order placed, Money paid
    May 18: Notification that "the order has shipped" is sent, however the USPS tracking number that is provided shows a status of "USPS awaiting item"
    Jun 2: Tracking number still shows same status (USPS awaiting item), so I send Sonic Springs an e-mail inquiring about the status of my order, and expected ship date
    Jun 7: Get a 2-sentence e-mail reply that states they "just got back from MotoAmerica" and will look into my order status
    Jun 14: Have not received a follow up e-mail, so I send another one reminding them that I am waiting on status/estimated delivery of the order that I placed (and paid for) over a month ago.

In short, I placed an order and paid them over a month ago, and as of now I have nothing to show for it beyond a 2-sentence blow-off e-mail. That e-mail was over a week ago, and I have had no response since then. On the one hand, sounds like a smaller shop, and if they were all off-work supporting their AMA/MotoAmerica efforts, I am willing to give a grace period. But at this point I think they've run through all the benefit of the doubt. How hard is it to check on an order status, and send me an e-mail? I'm not actually in a rush, so if they responded that theyre on backorder and wont be here for months, that would even be OK. But the complete lack of response or anything makes me worry I might be getting ripped off. If I dont hear anything back from them int he next week or so I'm going to have to reverse the charges. I know that can be expensive and a pain for small businesses to deal with, but I can't just give away a few hundred bucks as an act of charity.

Has anyone had any recent dealings with Sonic Springs? Can anyone comment on their recent experiences with them? Did i just have really bad luck/timing? Thanks.

I ordered springs from them for my 1100 in February or something. Same thing… screwed around forever no replies to my emails… then they were kind of rude and I canceled the order. I have bought three sets of springs from them in the past with no issues. I won’t use them again. I’ve gone to Race Tech
    a member here used to be the owner of Sonic…I think
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      I ordered springs from them for my 1100 in February or something. Same thing… screwed around forever no replies to my emails… then they were kind of rude and I canceled the order. I have bought three sets of springs from them in the past with no issues. I won’t use them again. I’ve gone to Race Tech
      a member here used to be the owner of Sonic…I think
      RichDesmond - Thread here about the business -> https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...gs-announcment
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I bought a set 16th April - Kaylene Daugherty got me sorted and they arrived about a week later. Sorry you're having less than adequate service...
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I had ordered a set from Sonic about 2.5 years ago. I had a similar experience with very slow acknowledgement of order, then a good delay in shipping. Eventually received them ok. Likely not as bad of an experience as others have posted. Somehow I recall that his wife is the one doing the Sonic springs. I didn't like the unencrypted website that they expect you to enter card info on. I had no problem with that order charge but have well bitten elsewhere. Anyone selling online should pony up for the SSL.

I had at least one Sonic order some years back when Rich had it. Perfect!
          1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Here's the other business:

Performance Motorcycle Suspension and Chassis

Shipping address

12127 Mahogany Drive Fort Wayne, IN 46814, USA
            Contact us

Jamie Daugherty
            (260)710-4049
            jamie@daughertymotorsports.com
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

So wanted to follow-up on this one. Sonic got back to me today. They informed me the specific springs i ordered were finishing up a production run which caused the delay, and that my order was on the outgoing shelf for shipment today. So hopefully they are on their way.

Still not pleased with the customer service, really shouldn't have to wait weeks to get any sort of response, etc etc. But oh well.

So looks like Sonic is still doing legit business (not scamming people), but just maybe not in as timely a fashion as I would prefer.

Comment

Glad they got back with you and it appears to be sorted out.
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                X