Sonic Springs announcment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Springs announcment

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm no longer the owner of Sonic Springs.

Been toying with the idea of selling it for a while now, my "real" job has ramped up to the point where I just didn't have the mental energy at the end of the day to enjoy going to a second one. Plus the travel schedule has me gone a lot.

The really good new is that the perfect guy bought it. Jamie Daugherty, owner of DMr (http://daughertymotorsports.com/)

I've wholesaled springs to him for a long time and he was the guy I called when I decided to sell. I wanted the business to go to someone who really knew suspension and could give customers good guidance and support. He has a similar background to me (engineer, ex-racer) and thinks about suspension pretty much the same way I do.
    I think the transition will be seamless.

Anyway, I really want to thank everyone here for their help, support and business over the years, it's meant a lot to me and I really appreciate it.

I'll still be here, and I'm still happy to answer any questions y'all may have. The business wasn't really the motivator for any of that.

Again, thanks!!
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Sorry to hear you are no longer the owner but happy you found a good new owner. I have used your springs in three of my bikes now, including currently in my Cooley. Great product and I wish you all the best Rich.

Trevor
    No signature

Comment

Hi Rich,
      Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad that you let it go to good guy.
      You've been a great help here to me and many others.
      Happy to hear that you will be sticking around.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Love your springs and the service but I can dig it when it's all to much.

Comment

Good for you Rich, nice to know business is doing well no matter which one it is. I was a bit nervous when I saw your thread, for a second I thought "oh no...retirement" so very glad to hear Sonic springs will still be around. what's your other business by the way?
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            Good for you Rich, nice to know business is doing well no matter which one it is. I was a bit nervous when I saw your thread, for a second I thought "oh no...retirement" so very glad to hear Sonic springs will still be around. what's your other business by the way?
            I'm an aerospace engineer for the USAF. Provide support for the F100 engine, which goes in the F-15s and some F-16s.
            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Thanks, Rich.

Be sure to let Jamie know that we will still recommend the springs, but we will have to change the bragging point that the owner is a member here. That is, unless HE becomes a member, too.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Thanks, Rich.

Be sure to let Jamie know that we will still recommend the springs, but we will have to change the bragging point that the owner is a member here. That is, unless HE becomes a member, too.

LOL, will do.
                He does have an affinity for older bikes, there were two VF1000Rs in his garage. ��

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                  I'm an aerospace engineer for the USAF. Provide support for the F100 engine, which goes in the F-15s and some F-16s.

ha,ha,ha....oh...that's all. I love this site.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

All good things must end. Best of luck for you Rich!
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Rich, dealing with you and ordering from Sonic has always been awesome. Nice to hear it's going to somebody else who's passionate and knowledgeable. Congrats on the sale
                      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                      1977 GS550
                      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Same. I've purchased and installed lots of your springs, and it's always been a fantastic experience. Glad to hear the torch has been passed smoothly.

Will there be any interruptions? I have a friend who will need springs soon, and I imagine it's the spring busy season right now. Should he order through your website?
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Normal service, no interruptions. Website remains the same, so everything should be seamless.

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                            Normal service, no interruptions. Website remains the same, so everything should be seamless.
                            Unfortunately not the case....I had a terrible experience with them a few months ago....had to finally cancel my order
                            No signature

Comment

There was a small issue when I ordered the springs from them for my bandit but after calling their other company and speaking with the husband, wife runs Sonic Springs, it was handled quickly. He explained she was on vacation with the kids and didn't forward the email notifications from the website to his email. I will still use them.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X