No announcement yet.

Getting more interested in 2-up riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, I'd always wanted a GSX1100G, but after I got one decided the only advantage was the extra power. Those old 1000G's were sure comfortable and about as nimble as any big shaft dr., I've ridden. Congrats on the wing, it's gon'na be very different. Hopefully just what you're looking for.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post

Thanks Jedz. I happened to catch your youtube video of the GL1500. AND...I am buying a 1999 GL1500 this Saturday. The bike is like new and has around 40K miles. Everything works and has been meticulously cared for. Looking forward to some nice rides with my wife.
      305041922_1876724042537596_4367754819087510236_n.jpg

As the resident Goldwing enthusiast I am offering my advice and support should you need anything -
      I only owned. rode and maintained 3 of these GL1500's for years -
      My last one was the 1996 Pearl Blue that I sold with 160,000 miles on it - and I am sure it hit 200K without any trouble -
      I only sold it to pay for my Orange GL1800

Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Thanks Jedz. I happened to catch your youtube video of the GL1500. AND...I am buying a 1999 GL1500 this Saturday. The bike is like new and has around 40K miles. Everything works and has been meticulously cared for. Looking forward to some nice rides with my wife.
        305041922_1876724042537596_4367754819087510236_n.jpg
        HAHAHA No kidding! That is great!
        I think you'll enjoy it. The weight is something to get used to but once you do it's no big deal. I rode through the madness of Burlington with it the other day and back home (150ish miles) so City and highway. I have to say it's a dang good motorcycle. It just soaks up anything you throw at it.
        Congrats on the new (to you) Goldwing! My bike has 78K miles ( got it with 75K) and have been told with just oil, pads, tires and gas these bikes can easily get to 200K miles. I do intend on touring with it next season.
        Anyway enjoy the 2 up riding and the new bike!
        Best,
        -Jedz
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The GL1500s are great bikes, but be prepared to spend an afternoon removing and refitting bodywork to get at something you could easily access otherwise.
          Several tales of woe relating to lost time from a friend with one, and he's no newbie.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            The GL1500s are great bikes, but be prepared to spend an afternoon removing and refitting bodywork to get at something you could easily access otherwise.
            Several tales of woe relating to lost time from a friend with one, and he's no newbie.
            Yeah, I'm aware of that. At first I didn't want to have to deal with all the tupperware, but it's just time. No biggie.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AND...I am buying a 1999 GL1500 this Saturday. The bike is like new and has around 40K miles. Everything works and has been meticulously cared for. Looking forward to some nice rides with my wife....................
              Ew, that is almost a different world.

With this nice weather this weekend, I suspect you are out riding it.

Tell us how you like it. Tell us how she likes it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yes, we went for a nice ride on Saturday to go to lunch and then hiking. She likes it very well thank you. It's going to take some getting use to for me, but it will be fine as long as her comfort level is maximized, which was my goal. I now have a family car and a sports car.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Yes, we went for a nice ride on Saturday to go to lunch and then hiking. She likes it very well thank you. It's going to take some getting use to for me, but it will be fine as long as her comfort level is maximized, which was my goal. I now have a family car and a sports car.
                  Well done!

I recall a guy on this forum a while back who owned a Kawasaki Voyager for the same purposes. They still have a certain following, but it's a LOT easier to find information, parts, etc. for the Gold Wings. Honda got a lot exactly right.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                  X