No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used an electric jackhammer today to repair some sidewalk at my church.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

today i took off the rotor and checked the starter clutch as source of the noise i am hearing. Didint find anything amiss so i reloctited the bolts and torqued them in and reinstalled the left side.. The tore down the clutch all the way down to the oil pump and Rustybronco came by after work. We determined that the source of the noise is suspect loose spring on the back of the clutch basket AND the fact that she needs the guages on her to fine tune the sync a bit. Also, i listed the house for sale today. Hopefully when that sells i can look into finding a guru to rebuild the clutch basket. Was along day but very informative and learned a good deal as well..overall was a 9.5 out of ten. We buttoned everything up and i took a shower and rode the GROWLER up to our local bike night and spent 2 1/2 hrs answering questions from at least 40 or so people that stopped by looking her over and sharing their when i had my suzuki XXX back in 75 stories.. LOL
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Got off work a bit early to trim down some overtime and spent all afternoon/evening in the man cave (well and driveway). Took the front bumper and headlight off of my Civic to replace the hood release cable and associated clips, replaced the fuel filter I've had laying around, took the gauge cluster out to fix the aftermarket gauges that haven't worked since I've owned the car, painted the GS frame and a few other bits. Been a productive evening. Tomorrow I'll get some clear on the frame and that chapter of getting the Skunk back on the road will be over.
        -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
        DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
        -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Did a Chain and both front and rear sprockets on my bike... Was scary as while taking the old chain off a link about 6 up just fell apart. Convienant in the fact that I did not have to fight with the master... scary in the fact that I was riding like that *only once though from where I bought the bike home*.....

man she sure is smooth now.

Comment

I actually had a chain disintegrate while riding once. On the freeway.
            new chains are our friends

Comment

Just finished up rear brakes on Effie still have time for a little ride before all the Friday crazy drivers get on the road.
              sigpic

1979 GS1000E
              1982 GS1100GL
              2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Just replaced my pod air filters with the stock air box. Much better =)

Comment

Depending on the work schedule and parts delivery, I'll hopefully be tearing into the 1100 this Monday. Exhaust is supposed to be here by then, hoping the gaskets come too. Then it'll be the carbs and valve adjustments and a few basics. While it will suck to be off the bike, the work needs to be done and I'm looking forward to doing it.

Brad bk

*edit* Actually the reason Im looking forward to needed maintenance is that I won't have to work alone. The g/f is great in helping and loves to learn wrenching on bikes. Lord knows it'll make the laborious job of removing and replacing the carbs a lot easier.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

The g/f is great in helping and loves to learn wrenching on bikes. Lord knows it'll make the laborious job of removing and replacing the carbs a lot easier. [/QUOTE]

Help is great alway better having an extra set of hands. My wife won't let my G/F come over and help.
                    sigpic

1979 GS1000E
                    1982 GS1100GL
                    2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrash View Post
                      The g/f is great in helping and loves to learn wrenching on bikes. Lord knows it'll make the laborious job of removing and replacing the carbs a lot easier.
                      Help is great alway better having an extra set of hands. My wife won't let my G/F come over and help.[/QUOTE]

Had to lose the wife first here. and, of course

Brad bk

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Removing all the masking from the frame which I got back from the powdercoater.

Comment

I wrenched the card out of my wallet and ordered a new front tire

Comment

Believe it or not, i got paid to break stuff today

the Skills USA compitition is tommorow on the state level so we bugged a bunch of hvac/r equipment for a bunch of highschool kids to troubleshoot

Comment

Couldn't take it any more: had too many parts sitting around not getting installed

Installed new EBC brake pads on the old GS550L, bled the system, and did the DIY A&N SS brake lines. The brake lever definitely has a much firmer feel, and I don't have that pit in my stomach of having a 28-year-old rubber brake line keeping me from the things in front of me Definitely shows off how saggy my springs are now.

Next in queue (once I build up the time and courage, parts already on shelf): full fork refresh with new seals, oil, and progressive springs. Plus a new tire and wheel bearings up front.

Eventually I'll get around to that weeping head gasket...

Comment

Working...
                                X