No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the painted head cover back on complete with new allen head fasteners.

Comment

I *finally* polished the paint... and got a lot of it mounted back on and I shouldn't have to remove it again before getting on the road
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        I *finally* polished the paint... and got a lot of it mounted back on and I shouldn't have to remove it again before getting on the road
        at this rate i think i'll have managed to get across the pond to your little island before you've finished that bike ;D

Comment

Gotten too cold out here to do any painting so I just swapped out a battery terminal and the hood supports on the Jeep then fixed the front gate to our place. Need to finish replacing a switch in the living room ceiling fan later today.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

how about some pics pete?

Comment

Originally posted by Raid3n View Post
              at this rate i think i'll have managed to get across the pond to your little island before you've finished that bike ;D
              Haha mate it's nearly done... Getting it ready for registration by the end of November is the target and it's looking quite possibly if not likely...

And do I see correctly you sold your 400? What's the go?

Originally posted by drivera84 View Post
              how about some pics pete?
              Plenty in my rebuild and paint threads, but since you insist

Huuuuge thanks to Larry (nvr2old), Dale (rustybronco), Johnny Drummond, MisterCinders, Paul (laverda1200), and all the others on here that have lent advice, tips, and encouragement along the way. My lack of skills has left it not quite so perfect up close, but it's far far better than anything I could've done without that help, so thanks again guys!

(Don't mind the disc and tyres, they're being replaced real soon)

sigpic

Comment

haha 10 footers are okay, all the more reason to stay ahead of everyone haha.

ya, sold it. didn't intend to keep it long. sold it for more than i paid for it.

riding my friend's cbr900rr at the moment. planning to get a 600 sport next season.

been working to get my miata on the road so that i can be warm in the mornings haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Raid3n View Post
                  haha 10 footers are okay, all the more reason to stay ahead of everyone haha.

ya, sold it. didn't intend to keep it long. sold it for more than i paid for it.

riding my friend's cbr900rr at the moment. planning to get a 600 sport next season.

been working to get my miata on the road so that i can be warm in the mornings haha.
                  Aaah I see! In that case well done

We're just coming in to summer here

sigpic

Comment

Managed to move my bike into a friends' garage for the winter. Now I finally have a dry, heated workspace. Let the work begin!

Comment

Pulled the alternator on a 2000 'Chrysler' intrepid with a 2.7L.

Alternator is good, B+ from battery to alt is good, the wire to the field circuit measures okay (battery is disconnected). looks like the wire from the PCM to the alt could be open or possibly a driver (transistor) issue with the PCM. I need to disconnect the harness at the PCM and check it. (power is fed to the field and the PCM grounds the circuit)

If it's an issue with the PCM, I might have to rig up an external regulator for the field circuit.
                      Last edited by rustybronco; 11-06-2011, 11:38 PM. Reason: an
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Yesterday, helped Vmass adjust valves on his bike, then synchronized the carbs.
                        His bench sync was so close, I almost didn't want to try to get it any better.

Before we moved to changing the clutch springs, he mentioned a rattling that he had heard. Fired up the bike again and verified some extra noise. After pulling the clutch springs, we went ahead and pulled all the fibers to measure them (all are around 3.0mm ). I looked at the large hub nut, and even though the washer appeared to be properly bent up to lock it, it was VERY loose. After flattening the lock washer, I was able to turn the nut almost two full turns. Had to buy a socket to tighten the nut properly, then cleaned the oil level sight glass and re-assembled.

We did not get to the tire change and caliper rebuild that we had hoped to do, but he feels better having the valves, carb sync and clutch done.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Winterized the Boat and Bike. Then raked 20 bags of leaves.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            Yesterday, helped Vmass adjust valves on his bike, then synchronized the carbs.
                            His bench sync was so close, I almost didn't want to try to get it any better.

Before we moved to changing the clutch springs, he mentioned a rattling that he had heard. Fired up the bike again and verified some extra noise. After pulling the clutch springs, we went ahead and pulled all the fibers to measure them (all are around 3.0mm ). I looked at the large hub nut, and even though the washer appeared to be properly bent up to lock it, it was VERY loose. After flattening the lock washer, I was able to turn the nut almost two full turns. Had to buy a socket to tighten the nut properly, then cleaned the oil level sight glass and re-assembled.

We did not get to the tire change and caliper rebuild that we had hoped to do, but he feels better having the valves, carb sync and clutch done.

You are the man!
                            I am certain that he was very appreciative.

Daniel

Comment

Separated my forks today
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I started the facelift on this today, an '80 1000G.

Comment

Working...
                                X