No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT is what a performance GS should look like, unlike the current plastic clad ones can hide their mechanical ugliness.

Comment

Oh My GOD!!!
      Be still my beating heart.
      *Faint*

Comment

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
        THAT is what a performance GS should look like, unlike the current plastic clad ones can hide their mechanical ugliness.
        Just gotta slap some paint on it and upholster the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
          Finally...

Is falling in love with titanium pipes wrong?
          Gorgeous, and loving Ti sounds reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by 979roadrunner View Post
            Gorgeous, and loving Ti sounds reasonable
            +1... that pipe is on a whole new level of tasty...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

And I finished cleaning and lubricating the speedo and tacho last night and put them back on. Also got my registration sticker in the mail yesterday so it's on there now too
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Fitted the rider foot pegs purchased off Svsooke, they look great thanks, pulled off rear caliper, gave it a clean, fitted new brake pads, bled the system all good.
                Now I have to fix my carburetor problems, seriously thinking of fitting pod filters.
                Cheers

Comment

Went out to the garage to get my jacket...

...and then went back inside

I have pneumonia right now, my right lung has fluid in it and I can't work on the cafe...UGH!

Comment

Started to put the forks together and then realized the orings at the fork caps are worn out so I have to replace them. Looks like all I can do this weekend is clean the engine and maybe try to re-install the rear wheel.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Started to put the forks together and then realized the orings at the fork caps are worn out so I have to replace them. Looks like all I can do this weekend is clean the engine and maybe try to re-install the rear wheel.
                      If you have one of those $3-4.00 Harbor Freight Nitrile O-ring kits,
                      you should be good to go.

Daniel

Comment

No I don't but I'll plan on getting one payday (next Friday). The Jeep's most recent breakdown and the two trailer rentals to tow it killed the extra I had in this paycheck.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I put the rear brake back together on my V-strom. It had decided to rip itself apart on my last ride.

Once back together I fired it up to find it won't run past idle and then dies.

May have water in the fuel or a clogged filter. Gonna hopefully pull the tank and do a flow test today. We'll see what happens.....

Comment

Mindless...you are ANYTHING BUT ! Your build is 1st rate, all the way.

Won't get too many dumb enough, to try and pull on THAT bike.

Comment

Got the new-to-me bike running after checking the electrical system, then went for a quick spin around the neighborhood to give it a quick low-speed test ride and see what immediately needs fixing/replacing.

This is my first parallel twin and it's a blast to ride!

I looked at the front tire while cruising along at 30mph and saw a horrific bulge on the right hand side as it rotated. The rim looks straight, but the tire is just awful.

Drove straight back home, and started looking for a tire...

Comment

wrenched on the usual today,

Comment

Working...
                                X