what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOU DOGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

What size and how many PSI????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      YOU DOGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

What size and how many PSI????????????????????????
      KKK K03 and maybe 8-10 psi??? wont know for sure till I actually get the thing running and see how things are a/f, when boost starts to build, etc.

Comment

HOLY ****! That turbo setup looks crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
          HOLY ****! That turbo setup looks crazy!
          Thanks, its definitely 10 lbs of **** in a 5 lb bag.....hopefully it all works!!!!!!

Comment

adjusted the carbs on my 850GL, added the side covers, and the tank. Getting ready to take it for a test ride.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
              I think I'm gonna check the air in my tires, put a little gas in the tank and go for a spin, 80 degrees here today, piture perfect weather! Whoopie!
              It was a perfect day to go riding, weather was gorgeous. I did put air in the tires, and I finally put air in the front forks, went and visited some friends in a town 50 miles away. But it was when I was going to leave the
              engine wouldn't turn over. Rechecked all the switches, and hit the starter button and nothing, not a click, hum, buzz or anything, but I had the neutral and oil pressure light. So, I put it in 2nd gear and push started it and drove home.
              Now I'm in the process of troubleshooting it, checking switches and ohming out wiring. I lost an hour and half looking for that little spring that goes into the clutch safety switch that I took apart, never thought I'd find it but finally found it in front of the
              starter cover plate, how it got there I haven't a clue because it did hit
              the concrete first.
              Anyway, I got 12volts to the starter, my starter button works, the safety switch works, what I haven't got is continuity from one side of that clutch satety switch to the starter relay. So........... I guess I'll print a wiring diagram and go from there.
              I didn't start out to wrench, but wrenching I did.
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                It was a perfect day to go riding, weather was gorgeous. I did put air in the tires, and I finally put air in the front forks, went and visited some friends in a town 50 miles away. But it was when I was going to leave the
                engine wouldn't turn over. Rechecked all the switches, and hit the starter button and nothing, not a click, hum, buzz or anything, but I had the neutral and oil pressure light. So, I put it in 2nd gear and push started it and drove home.
                Now I'm in the process of troubleshooting it, checking switches and ohming out wiring. I lost an hour and half looking for that little spring that goes into the clutch safety switch that I took apart, never thought I'd find it but finally found it in front of the
                starter cover plate, how it got there I haven't a clue because it did hit
                the concrete first.
                Anyway, I got 12volts to the starter, my starter button works, the safety switch works, what I haven't got is continuity from one side of that clutch satety switch to the starter relay. So........... I guess I'll print a wiring diagram and go from there.
                I didn't start out to wrench, but wrenching I did.
                I disabled my clutch safety switch. Just unplug it from the harness, put a jumper wire in, and it no longer is in the picture. Just remember not to start it in gear....

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                  I disabled my clutch safety switch. Just unplug it from the harness, put a jumper wire in, and it no longer is in the picture. Just remember not to start it in gear....
                  I've given some serious thought to that. My '78 Skunk didn't have one.
                  I downloaded the wiring diagrams, wasn't one for my year model, so I got one for a Skunk without that
                  switch, and one for the '80 model with transistorized ignition, and am using both of those to do continuity checks.
                  sigpic
                  Steve

Comment

Worked on the troubleshooting the wiring to my starter circuit. Found the problem, the grounding wire to that clutch safety switch on the left side of the handlebars runs to the starter button on the right side. A connection inside the headlight bucket pulled free. I figured as much as I didn't have continuity from one side of the clutch safety switch to the starter button and wiring from both goes into the headlight bucket. Sure enough when I pulled the headlight off there it was staring at me. I reconnected it and it started right up. Glad to have it running again.
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Building new exhaust for the bike and finishing up the spacers for the carbs.

Comment

Comment

I didnt accomplish a damned thing today except to drive myself to a massive headache trying to understand the onslaught of info that everyone was trying to give me on my carbs..I know they all meant well,but its all a foreign language to me. At one point i actualy picked up a 2 LB sledge and was gonna smash every bike i got into oblivion..They just PIZZ me oof to the point i literally cant think. And i amn ot lying here..Carbs and electrical drive me to a state of being psychotically angry.
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I switched out a destroyed front engine mount. It was ripped clean through!

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                              KKK K03 and maybe 8-10 psi??? wont know for sure till I actually get the thing running and see how things are a/f, when boost starts to build, etc.
                              Wide band?

Comment

Painted my swingarm and started taking apart my carbs. See my project thread for pictures
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X