No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got an alternative test route as well thanks to John... same up to Eatons Crossing Rd (I said Everton crossing before... ooops!), but keep going to Mt Samson Rd into Samford, Samford Rd, Bygotts Rd, Mailman's Track, Bunya Rd and home.

The weather's definitely predicted to improve this week and I'm planning on riding to work as well so hopefully it holds out and we'll have some nice sunny weather for Sunday
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Put a new belt in the snow bower, an antique Yard Man. Second one in a couple years.

This time I'm putting the belt size in it with a Sharpie. Its one of those oddball ones with no worm gear box, and an upper and lower auger in front. The front augers are not driven off the high speed auger.
      Last edited by 850 Combat; 01-29-2012, 09:36 AM.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Stuck new carb boots w/ orings on, put the front fender on, and lowered the forks a little. Couldn't do much else as the wind got too cold.

Also tried changing the radiator on the Jeep but to do that, you have to pull the entire front grill, fascia, and bumper off. Couldn't figure it out so I will suck up the costs and have the pros do it. I feel like such a moron when I can fix this bike but not a '99 Grand Cherokee.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Not a darn tootin' thing. Makes me sad to say that.

Comment

Nothing yet, but I'm going to mount a rack on my G later. Well I hope it works, picked it up from the bone yard yesterday.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Finished up some details on a wing tip fuel tank install.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

finished the 550 rebuild. new rings and a rebore brought the compression up to 140 across the board. All new gaskets and o-rings as well. Still need a ridiculous amount of cleaning to do before paint gets started.

Comment

Started figuring out how I can safely get a tool kit in the tail piece of the 450 without it falling out... I think I have a plan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deeAYEennENNwhy View Post
                    finished the 550 rebuild. new rings and a rebore brought the compression up to 140 across the board. All new gaskets and o-rings as well. Still need a ridiculous amount of cleaning to do before paint gets started.
                    Please post some before and after pic's.
                    Congratulations on the re-build results!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Please post some before and after pic's.
                      Congratulations on the re-build results!

Daniel
                      Thanks! Pics and a build thread will be up soon, hopefully.

Comment

Put front brakes on the silverado......in the driveway....its 17f degrees .
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I started working on a bunch of '73 Z1 parts today. The owner is doing a complete resto. Hope to see it when it's done.

i

Comment

Think I've nutted out my tool tray (thanks again for the tip Daniel) so hope to start cutting the alu. tomorrow night...

sigpic

Comment

If this is for "bike wrenching only" then nothing. Waiting on parts to arrive.

But if it is to include other vehicles I own, than I replaced the both low-beam headlight bulbs on my mini-van, as well as change the oil in it. I, also, took off the both headlight assemblies on my truck so when the to new ones (to me) arrive I can put them in & hopefully pass the state inspection. Stupid "light sensor thingy" says their too dull. I called BS but the inspection guy said otherwise. I tried the headlight restoration stuff. Still too dull. Personally, I think its BS, but there is nothing I can do, yet. If the fail again. I'll find a new shop.
                              (Technically, I did this Sunday... sorry for the late post.)

Comment

Bought an 81 gs850 today, pulled the front fender, tightened everything. adjusted the clutch, pulled the plugs and air box. Will pull the carbs and fuel tank tommorrow. Gonna polish the aluminum this weekend. Then cut the rear fender down and put led brake lights and tag lights on. Hopefully the carb gaskets will get here next week and I can put it back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X