No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another beauty from the jwhelen factory?
    Is the Barber Museum funding these projects?
    Is that where these gems go?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Another beauty from the jwhelen factory?
      Is the Barber Museum funding these projects?
      Is that where these gems go?

Eric
      Hah! this is actually for a friend
      Last edited by Guest; 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Not much wrenching today since the local shop didn't have the cables I needed, but I did replace the flat on my car today. It had enough nails in it to pass for an ice tire. But that's okay because I now have fresh rubber to burn as I head south to go to the Indy500. 3rd row seats just outside pit row! Gonna need some ear plugs.

Comment

Oiled my dry chain, clutch and speedo cables.
          No more jumpy speedo needle.
          Chain running smooth.
          And ahhhhh very buttery clutch lever...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Got the carry rack mounted up, seems to be ok if a little off-centre... not too bad though.

Then tonight I started cleaning the Ducati Cucciolo motor up... ugly and messy, gonna be a hard slog just getting it clean enough to start digging into!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Bleeding brakes sucks...but it is done!

Comment

Then I worked on the pretty stuff

Comment

Comment

I got the front end that was borrowed to move the Trisuki project to my house back on the '93 GSX1100G.
                    Also installed the brake slave cylinder that was missing when I got the bike. Cleaned and bled the clutch master cylinder and slave.
                    Installed another used tail light assembly to replace the smashed/broken one that came with it.
                    Got all of the lights and turn signals working.
                    Baby steps.

Eric

Comment

Raised the needles on my 850 alittle (seems alittle sluggish from about 1/4 till mains ), had already stepped up mains one. Sync. them, but haven't had chance to rode test yet. Day before moved horn relay out from under tank area, seemed as though horn didn't want to work after bike and temp, outside were hot., moved to under left sidecover so I can get to it if need be. terrylee

Comment

A bit more cleaning on the Cucciolo... man it's messy! Everything is caked in road grime mixed with oil and grunge and dust and everything that moves is full of grit... ugh!
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Assembled the carbs and reinstalled them on my 80 GS850G. Finally after buying it almost four years ago, it's properly running on all four cylinders and it sounds good too!

Just a few minor details to attend to, like taking care of that barkfiring and I'll be riding it.

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

4+ hours for a 20-30 minute job

Lesson of the day on wrenching. Be sure that the dealer gives you the right parts and instructions.

Worked on my other (non-Suzuki) bike with my son and brother, installing sliders. What should have been a 20-30 minute job (put on stand, support engine with jack, remove old engine mounting bolt, install new bolt with sliders, torque to spec, lower bike) turned into a 4+ hour job because the seller sent a wrong part (wrong length all-tread rod rather than correct length bolt), even after having them send us a replacement for the first bolt which was too short. And, the instructions called for the wrong tools (need 22mm thin-wall deep socket rather than the listed 19mm socket), forcing us to go on an extended shopping trip trying find the right socket, along with cutting the all-tread and sanding a beveled edge. All-tread rod is not as strong as a solid bolt, and the extra tread made it difficult to slip in because of the numerous edges running throughout the rod, even when greased in the middle.

Have asked the dealer (again, for the second time) to send the right bolt, but we will see. Buying on the internet is an iffy proposition, but unfortunately, some parts can only be located on the web.

Sorry about the venting.

Comment

Made the Aprilia shoe-less...

New Michelin Pilot Sport II's go on tomorrow.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Eric
                                Hover bike!

Comment

Working...
                                X