Clear All

Not today, but these will be going on this weekend

Finally got some new boots to replace my ratty old ones

Comment

Toasty, baby gets new shoes!
      Not you, of course, the scooter. LOL!

Eric

Comment

Ok, wife made me put the D&D back on... It was fun while it lasted...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Damn it. So this is why I have a leak, no more T6 for me . I guess I'll have to go back to regular Rotella and clean up some oil every once in a while. Im not cracking open the case until I really need to. How to heck does this happen anyways?

Comment

Installed a new front master cylinder from a '08 Ninja EX650. Sadly, I spilled a full bottle of brake fluid while doing it because I didn't move fast enough to refill the MC and kicked it over. Got it set though and pushing up and down the driveway it stops pretty good. Need to fix the brake light switch and I can ride again.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well, not bike work but...

,,,put a used wiper motor in my son's '98 Saturn wagon. What a PITA. Had to remove the top of the dash to get to two nuts that hold a bracket the wiper motor is attached to...

Don't know what GM was thinking, different fasteners throughout: phillips head screws, torx head screws, 7mm screws, plastic fasteners...

All this was necessary because the wipers wouldn't shut off (been using the fuse as a switch). I replaced the wpier switch last weekend, but that didn't do it. The wiper motor has the motor controller attached and that was evidently the problem.

All better now
              '85 GS550L - SOLD
              '85 GS550E - SOLD
              '82 GS650GL - SOLD
              '81 GS750L - SOLD
              '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
              '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
              '82 GS1100G - SOLD
              '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Serviced my Buell over the weekend - front plug had died. Did oil changes as well. What a mission to get to the plugs! Much easier on the GS!

But...no valve adjustments needed - ever and no maintenance on the belt! Love it! Also took the GS around the block for a quick run and man that motor is sooooo smooth!

Comment

Spent 10 min's this avo after work with a grinding wheel on the dremel and tidied a couple of welds up on the carry rack that we didn't get time to sort out yesterday, then tonight I spent an hour and a half with 60 grit sandpaper sanding it all back. I reckon it's about 95% ready for the etch primer.

Originally posted by wally View Post
                  Serviced my Buell over the weekend - front plug had died. Did oil changes as well. What a mission to get to the plugs! Much easier on the GS!

But...no valve adjustments needed - ever and no maintenance on the belt! Love it! Also took the GS around the block for a quick run and man that motor is sooooo smooth!
                  You got the 450 'round the block, awesome! Glad to hear it
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Chuck, Mike, William, me and dog... Disassembled newly acquired smoothbores for a date with carb dip, tore apart ZRX to replace radiator hose and swap antifreeze w/ Water Wetter, fiddled with cables and such... AND had time for a beer. Moto fellowship deluxe.

'80 GS1000ST
                    '92 ZX-11
                    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

damned fine bunch of guys to hang out with...we need to start a Central Texas GS gathering SOON!!!
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Chuck,
                        Keep me in the loop on any future get-togethers. I'm not sure W3 ( my 450 Cafe) could keep up but I guess I could start another project.
                        Niels

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
                          Chuck,
                          Keep me in the loop on any future get-togethers. I'm not sure W3 ( my 450 Cafe) could keep up but I guess I could start another project.
                          Niels
                          There was a young/new rider on a GS250 that kept up with the rest of the pack at the 2010 Western States Rally.
                          Amazing skills for a new rider!
                          I asked how he did it and he said that he kept it revved over 8,000 almost all of the time.
                          We were all moving right along on 850's and up!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
                            Chuck,
                            Niels
                            I didn't get left behind too much on the last GSR run here Niels, it'll only be the longer straights where they leave you behind!

Mind you my chicken-ness around corners didn't help that much...
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

On the way into work this morning and all of a sudden turn signals and dash lights were gone. Figured out a fuse had blown for some reason so replaced it; started up the bike on the way home and not even 10 feet from the parking spot my lights go again. Limp home, look into the headlight bucket at the brake light wiring (only thing that had changed since Friday), and found out the headlight is touching the brake light connectors and grounding out. Fixed the covering for them and replaced the fuses again and now I'm golden.

Note to self - pay attention to plastic coverings for bullet connectors.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Did my first oil change today on my bike. I know it's baby stuff but I gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X