what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
    Went a long ways yesterday to getting a 850 L back on the road. I replaced the original seat with a Corbin off a Sporster and it now sports the gas tank off my 1100T. With pods and 4/1 I had to rejet and am not quite sorted out on that yet. Next is fork seals and break blead, then insurance and plates.
    Any pic's of this creation? Please.

Eric

Comment

Wow! Really nice work! Is the engine cleaned or painted?

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Started on some of project "BLING" today. '78 GS1000E.

Comment

I don't remember even cleaning the engine yet. Although I probably did just prior to the valve adjustment.
        Link to the thread on this scooter and what I have done so far to it.
        And, a cut-off saw was involved!

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Eric

Comment

I don't remember even cleaning the engine yet.
          Great...that just tells me how much cleaning I'll be doing this fall. :P

Comment

Got the valves in spec with only one player trade, no new shims added to the roster. Traced down a starter engagement problem to the clutch lever. Cleaned it up and it works fine. Seems like an awfully rinky-dink set up. Found the new parts at Boulevard Suzuki but am considering just completing the circuit full time when it fails next time.

Comment

Any pic's of this creation? Please.

Eric
              send me your e mail and I will get you a pic. my comp is so old it takes 10 min to get anything out of photobucket.
              V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Had a horrid time on the 450 today... went to take my test ride after redoing all the coil and Dyna wiring over the long weekend and... one cylinder again

On the positive side, it's no longer intermittent...

On the negative side, a new Dyna S is in order

The right module is had it. Spark follows the left module. Coils, plugs, and leads are all good. New wiring is all good. Module is bad

RRP of a DS3-3C here is now $416... I really hope I can buy just the Dyna S module without the coils seeing as I already have them...

I'm gonna be so peed off if I have to skip the GSR run on Saturday!

I had to end on a positive note tonight though so I got some more Cucciolo clean up done...

Can't believe I have to catch the train at least tomorrow and Wednesday...
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                  Had a horrid time on the 450 today... went to take my test ride after redoing all the coil and Dyna wiring over the long weekend and... one cylinder again

On the positive side, it's no longer intermittent...

On the negative side, a new Dyna S is in order

The right module is had it. Spark follows the left module. Coils, plugs, and leads are all good. New wiring is all good. Module is bad

RRP of a DS3-3C here is now $416... I really hope I can buy just the Dyna S module without the coils seeing as I already have them...

I'm gonna be so peed off if I have to skip the GSR run on Saturday!

I had to end on a positive note tonight though so I got some more Cucciolo clean up done...

Can't believe I have to catch the train at least tomorrow and Wednesday...
                  Rats!!!
                  Call Dyna. They will sell the one part.
                  I called because a kit that I bought new many, many years ago was missing/ I lost, a part and the extremely nice gentleman sent me the one part for free including shipping!

Eric

Comment

Rats!!!
                    Call Dyna. They will sell the one part.
                    I called because a kit that I bought new many, many years ago was missing/ I lost, a part and the extremely nice gentleman sent me the one part for free including shipping!

Eric
                    I'd love to Eric but that won't get me back on the road for the GSR run this Saturday... it'll be the first good ride I've had for about a month and a half (commuting doesn't count).

I know from my email conversations with them that they would do something to help, I just can't be with a bike for that long now... and yeah I'd love two bikes but that's a different story... haha

sigpic

Comment

I spent Saturday in the garage putting my Kawasaki R/R in and wiring it directly to the stator. Also wired a direct feed from battery to the R/R with fuse link and a direct ground. Old_skool spent about an hour on the phone walking me through that job. Many thanks, Old_skool!

Fired it up and it is charging correctly now, but it started leaking fuel out of the left carb overflow tube. That explains the poor running on Friday.

Took the carbs off today and dug into the needle jet on the left carb. Found a bit of metal on the side of the needle that might have been holding it up and allowing fuel to flow. Cleaned it up, hit it with compressed air, did a general wipe down of the floats and reassembled it.

Seems to be running correctly now. Haven't had time to ride it and make sure, but it idles nicely with no fuel on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                        Went a long ways yesterday to getting a 850 L back on the road. I replaced the original seat with a Corbin off a Sporster and it now sports the gas tank off my 1100T. With pods and 4/1 I had to rejet and am not quite sorted out on that yet. Next is fork seals and break blead, then insurance and plates.
                        Pic's!

Comment

Last night yielded a new set of Dyna S modules on my DS3-3C plate and it looks like I have spark on both sides again.

Just need to annoy everyone early this morning by checking the timing before riding to work as the test ride.

sigpic

Comment

put my new clutch cable on today its so smooth ...can definitely feel a huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                              Last night yielded a new set of Dyna S modules on my DS3-3C plate and it looks like I have spark on both sides again.

Just need to annoy everyone early this morning by checking the timing before riding to work as the test ride.
                              How did annoying the neighbors go?
                              You did a good job of it right?

Eric

Comment

Haven't rode in 5 days since my chain went tight/loose/tight/lose, rode in to town (180kms round trip) on my friends 2009 klx250sf to get my chain.
                                Easy bike to ride but hard on the ass, and very skinny.
                                Put the new chain on, while up on the center stand I squeezed the front break and notice the tire move back and forth.
                                Checked the nut on the end of the axle, sure enough it was loose.
                                Still had the cotter pin in it too.
                                I tightened that, and moved my handle bars forward enough so that I wouldn't be leaning into them or pulling back on them, more or less just holding on to them.
                                Yesterday I installed my new spedo cable.
                                Took it for a jaunt after that and what a difference it made.
                                Steering, the new chain, better riding position, knowing the speed I'm going, it was like falling in love all over again.

Now the forecast is rain for the next 2 days

Tank

Comment

Working...
                                X