No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, Cowboy. I can tell by YOUR choice you've got it bad for the ponies.
    Is this the Pie Wagon you speak of?

I built that model back in the early 70s when I belonged to Revells model club. We used to get a new model once a month. I remember going to the World of Wheels car show in Orlando in like '74 and seeing the real one. Customs back then were awesome. My favorite at that show was the Redd Foxx Wrecker.

As for what I worked on, I helped a buddy out by doing the brakes(pads, fluids flushed and bled) on his(new to him) 2000 1400 Intruder.
    We got it for $2,050 and it only has 9,400 miles on it. Pretty good deal.

Last edited by gsrick; 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I had plans yesterday to get two of the bikes ready for winter storage...
      But ended up rebuilding the carb on our lawn tractor...
      The needle was leaking and gas was running out of the carb stinking up the garage...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Scott, all I can say is......

Comment

Got a few e30 parts off one of the guys on the local e30 forum, he is getting married and needs to raise the cash for "labola" the father of the bride is demanding 16 cows, hahahahaha, poor sap.
          Anyway, picked them up cheap enough, plan is to knock off a mould off each of them and produce a few knock offs for the e30 guys here, then use decide which of them go onto my car.
          Today started with taking stock of condition, cleaning and sanding, to restore them back to original condition, as two of the three are pretty beat up, and the third is incomplete.
          I started with the "iS" lower valence, as I think it is the one I will be putting on my car as soon as the mould is done.

"iS" lower valence

Pretty beat up, had a fight with a speed hump, so I am told.

"Alpina" lower valence, good condition but incomplete.

"iS" rear boot diffuser, pretty beat up.

"iS" mock up

"Alpina" mock up

"iS" rear diffuser mock up

Started sanding the iS lower valence down to the base material (fibreglass) to start filling the imperfections and repairing the cracks.
          During the sanding process I discovered it is so thin that I sanded clean through in places, it really is cheaply made.
          So the first order of business after I have stripped it right down will be to lay up two or three extra layers of glass from behind, to beef it up and glass in a few gussets to stiffen it up.
          This thing is made from cheap chopped strand, I plan on laying up with woven cloth.
          Will update as work progresses.

Comment

Told a friend I would dip and rebuild his bs 32's. Just got them on the bench for a first look.
            Heaven help me. I may have some bad news for him. Its ugly in there. Lol

Comment

Hot doggies, hooked up all my electrics and everything still works!! so far....
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Thank you GSR!! I just finished a test run around the neighborhood after repairing the rotor on my 82 Kat. About a month ago it came off the taper, effectively killing my fall riding season. Thanks to the advice of those on here, I was able to lap the taper down and re-secure the rotor. Man it feels good to have that done!

Comment

Comment

Photobucket fixed their issues, was only with customers in Australia apparently... yay!

So this is what I picked up:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete, you are bleeding out all your Katana money. How are you ever going to get a pop up with all these projects!

What kinda bicycle is that?

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        Pete, you are bleeding out all your Katana money. How are you ever going to get a pop up with all these projects!

What kinda bicycle is that?
                        Haha true... but I gotta finish this little Duc or there'll be no Kat...

That's a Malvern Star 2 Star in better condition than the one I have which will have the Duc mounted on it. Not sure what year yet but I think it's earlier than the one I have (1939).

And speaking of bleeding Kat money... I also let the local dealer wrench on my 450 Monday avo, but only for this to be fitted

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Lookin good.
                          Other projects are fun. I have an early 1960's chainsaw I always wanted to clean up and bring back to life...Why? ...I guess thats what suckers for nostalgia and wrenching on things do. Good stuff.

Comment

I'm thinking of converting to kickstart on my bike, the bike is an 81 so it's possible. All I need is the kickstart assembly, clutch cover and lever from a pre 80's 550 (all pretty cheap on ebay). I already have so many projects on the bike that need to get finished before it's ridable again but if I'm gonna have the cases split for the 650 conversion...

Comment

A little Cat 277b. Changed out some hydraulic lines.

Comment

Originally posted by El Giablo View Post

MMMMM.... Wire wheel Katana. So what did you do to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X