what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
    Girlfriend polished up all the chrome and got all the surface rust off of all of it yesterday
    I'd like to meet your girlfriend, send me a picture of her polished chrome!

Comment

Yesterday went and took all the shims I had bought for it out and put the old ones back in temporarily because I found out the 29 mm diameter shims the shop sold me were not right (SUPPOSED TO BE 29.5). So now I await shims and one as yet MIA gasket and my next day off for more FUN WITH SHIMS OH BOY.

Comment

well i made these today just a quickie design riser for the upcoming gsxr front end conversion.....

Comment

They look functional, and therefore sweet

Comment

A lot of small tasks the last few days. The new ex-donorbike needed a new battery and some wireing (next to where the positive lead of the battery is connected) was very messy. New connectors, new battery installed and startingproblems are over

I removed the frontfork and frontwheel from the 'crashed' 400 yesterdayevening. The inner tubes can be straightened. Last week I ordered a used fork from a partsshop, but it was even more bent than the one I allready had.

This weekend I wrenched a bit on the beemer. Over the last few weeks it developed the habit of dieing suddenly. Turned out to be the ingnitionswitch. Ofcourse I found that out after taking the starterengine apart and cleaning that (seems odd, but beemers are odd, a fouled up or worn down starter engine can have all sorts of weird effects on these water cooled triples).

Anyway, after moving to my new house I couldn't find a lot of tools, but I've got almost everything back by now

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
              changed a injector in a S60 Detroit diesel at work, 14L inline six, 500hp.
              electro mechanical injector that the electro part had failed.

view of top of engine with valve cover off, that is "Jake" engine brake assembly on top of valve/ injector rockers.

engine brake actuator and rocker shaft removed exposing injector (in middle of valves.

bad injector removed from engine, that is a quarter dollar sitting on it for scale.

Done a few 100 of those in my day , I kinda miss working on the old detroits .

Comment

Dis assembled the tach and gas guage on my newly aquired 78 GS 1000 C and fixed the broken gas guage..now i have a working fuel guage again.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I finally tapped a cam cap hole on my '85 Ninja 600r and put in a helicoil. Followed the suggestions here after performing a search. Took my time and it came out pretty well. Put red thread lock on the coil before inserting it and will let it set for 24hrs. Will put in the 6mmx1.00 bolt tonight to see if it will hold torque.
                  1979 GS850G
                  2004 SV650N track bike
                  2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                  LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Finally mounted the two new horns I bought a year ago on the 1100E...
                    I'll get them wired up tonight...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Finally mounted the two new horns I bought a year ago on the 1100E...
                      I'll get them wired up tonight...
                      Now that would be a worthy effort - I've had no horn for the ten years I've owned this thing. When someone added an oil cooler, they just got rid of the horn.
                      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

working on the gs1000

changing oil,filter,secondary and final gear oil.

waiting on girlfriend to deliver filter so oil is draining right now, and EEWWWWW it looks nasty

and I dont know but i think the incredible hulk must of put the drain plug on last, I thought the bike was going to come off the center stand I was having to push/pull on it so hard.
                        Last edited by Sparky; 06-04-2010, 11:18 AM.
                        ---Eric

Comment

Forks are all apart, everything looks good now just need some seals and some oil

Comment

Did nothing on the GS (they need so little.....), but installed a new front master cylinder on the XS 400 cafe project, plus bled the fluid front and rear, and installed a new headlight bucket on the same bike. Also, cleaned up the engine and changed the oil on Mom's old garden chipper/shredder.

Putter, putter, putter.....

Comment

I lowered the nice '83 Katana and got the '83 Rat-Kat running.

Comment

Knocked a winter's worth of mud and road grime off the BMW.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X