No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really wrenchin" but had a battery tender and I always just hooked clips to battery, but it came with ends that I could put on battery and just plug tender wires to that plug.

That way I don't have to pull seat off and hook up tender, and cleaned up a few things and stare at it waiting for decent weather.

Comment

Wow, that 550T is a handsome Bike for $200 ! makes me think of painting my chrome fenders!...

Comment

The 550 is nice, but I want to know more about that '67 GTO sitting in there..what's the story and plan for that baby..?
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

cleaned up! (suits me from a distance anyways..) just before the first ride this bike has had in a long while...really runs smooth though rich on one cyl and tires are needed !

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
            The 550 is nice, but I want to know more about that '67 GTO sitting in there..what's the story and plan for that baby..?
            It's a rare '67 Post Coupe or Sedan, with the Hurst His/Hers slap shift shifter. I saved it from a junkyard, my buddies dad ran back in '82. My self bought H.S. graduation present. Bought it for $400, it had a blown 400 in it (cracked block, the PO rode it hard). I did a partial resto and drove it till the front end got a little too sloppy and I spun a bearing in a 455 I had in it. Too much beer and not enough oil. It currently has a '69 400 out of a Catilina I drove for a couple of years. It's been in storage for the last 15 years, awaiting a full restoration. I had a minor fender bender just before I parked it for good. I currently have it up for sale, listed on Orlando CList.

I have most everything needs for the restoration, minus the interior. I always said I'd never sell it. It was to be my coffin, when it came time to take the dirt nap, but I want to go back to school and I've desided to sell it to avoid too many student loans. I haven't been doing well at picking winning lotto numbers.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              Wow, that 550T is a handsome Bike for $200 ! makes me think of painting my chrome fenders!...
              Thanks, cosmetically it's in pretty good shape. As soon as I can finish up dismantiling the 750ex I'm going to go over it. I had it almost running when I was checking it out, but i didn't wan't to do too much. A non-running bike is alot cheaper than one that does.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                cleaned up! (suits me from a distance anyways..) just before the first ride this bike has had in a long while...really runs smooth though rich on one cyl and tires are needed !

That's a good looking 400e, there is one on the cheap in southwest Fl. I thought of looking into, but they are just a little to small for me. That and the fact that I have way too many projects now and I'm broke keep me from doing so.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Finishing up.

Just got my heads back. While they were gone I ball honed, blasted & painted the jugs, re-ringed pistons. Everything done to heads, brand new again.
                  Jugs & heads back on. Should be able to button it up tomorrow or Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    It's a rare '67 Post Coupe or Sedan, with the Hurst His/Hers slap shift shifter. I saved it from a junkyard, my buddies dad ran back in '82. My self bought H.S. graduation present. Bought it for $400, it had a blown 400 in it (cracked block, the PO rode it hard). I did a partial resto and drove it till the front end got a little too sloppy and I spun a bearing in a 455 I had in it. Too much beer and not enough oil. It currently has a '69 400 out of a Catilina I drove for a couple of years. It's been in storage for the last 15 years, awaiting a full restoration. I had a minor fender bender just before I parked it for good. I currently have it up for sale, listed on Orlando CList....
                    I missed that in the photo. I used to own a 67 GTO. Fun car, rust bucket. I would have killed myself driving and drinking, so I sold it and bought a motorcycle, GT550. Fast enough to scare me into not riding after drinking.
                    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                      Good to hear, I sent you a couple of emails, but no responce. Thought maybe you went up north and was visiting family. I mainly bought the '81 750ex for the engine and a possible bike for Bonnie. Even though I hate the thought of parting out a bike with an open title(N.C.), if it was a 1100ex I wouldn't, but it needs to much invested in it for me to mess with. Butt ugly seat, ape hanger like handle bars, filter box missing, cut/broken rear shocks, this and that, better to help out the hive. It does have an almost mint tank, tail and one good rt. side cover. The tank fits on the '80 1000S(cooley), but just isn't right, so I'm willing to trade for a 79 or '80 1000 tank if a member wants to.

The other bike is an '81 550t that was a steal at $200. I need to replace the starter, a little wireing, cut a new stator gasket, carb cleaning, and fork seals, but I'm going to try changing the fluid first. It came with a cover and a Clymers. I just did most of the same work on an identicle bike for the local guy that bought my '77 750 cafe project. I got the tank and cafe seat/tail back from the guy that bought it from him. He turned it into a bobber and has sold it again. I missed out on a cheap but nice '80 1000G that you might have seen on CL around xmas. It was missing the carbs. A new member here (blueplatespecial) bought it, so it's all good. As far as room goes, I have moved three of the projects out back for working room. Yeah I know they are all projects. lol I'll have the 550t done in a weekend, it's that nice.

Rick, new computer! New E-mail address, I just E-mailed you. Scrap the bikes, get the GTO going! Love that body style, 66-67's. That 550 looks like a keeper, $200, what a score!
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                        Love that body style, 66-67's. That 550 looks like a keeper, $200, what a score!
                        The '65's look better IMHO. Especially one with a tri-powered 421 out of a 2+2.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                          The '65's look better IMHO. Especially one with a tri-powered 421 out of a 2+2.
                          So, you think this 65 looks better?

I just like the refined rounded countours of the '66, '67 models.
                          sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Yes...

The '66-67 models looked a bit too big for my tastes.
                            Last edited by rustybronco; 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                              ..... ......
                              Hey RB,

Any update on that 1100G? Last I recall I saw pictures of head without any valves.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Not yet.

I thought I had an extra set of valve stem seals, but apparently I had used them when I re-did the head on the '80 850. Needless to say, I've been a bit lax on re-ordering two sets of them, one set for Stan's GK and another set for the Skunk. Other than needing those seals, it's all set to re-assemble.

I'll rectify that after I get home tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X