what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of beer...

I don't know whether replacing a clutch cable is a one-beer or a two-beer job. But it's hot out, I'm a noob, and it was a two-beer job for me.

And I can successfully roll now! High-fives, everyone.

Thanks for the quick shipment of that cable, Sparky
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      Speaking of beer...

I don't know whether replacing a clutch cable is a one-beer or a two-beer job. But it's hot out, I'm a noob, and it was a two-beer job for me.

And I can successfully roll now! High-fives, everyone.

Thanks for the quick shipment of that cable, Sparky
      One beer, including adjustment. Unless the casing is kinked and corroded. Then it's a two beer job. Replacing cable and casing together is still a one beer job. Might lubricate it at the same time.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Installed new alternator belt and power steering belt on the 240D this afternoon. Also getting ready to put a new fuel pump on the Suburban. Not looking forward to that because I need to remove the gas tank.

Comment

fixed the short hiding behind my headlamp, thats about it. oh yeah and repaired my right rear turn signal housing...

Comment

re-adjusted the gearshift on the daughters CB250, she's been doing laps of the neighbourhood in first gear cos her foot would not bend under the shifter properly........ If her control at 60mph is as good as what she shows at 3mph the boys wont know which way she went (Phew!!!!)

Comment

I finally got tired of all the ruckus from my front brakes and went to work on them. I found a bit of corrosion in there - removed it, applied a bit of caliper grease. I'll take it for a quick test spin this afternoon. What a gorgeous day here!!
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

stator and front calipers

Replaced the stator Joe loaned me at the Spring ahead Fennimore rally. 70 to 100+ volts AC output across each leg. Charging at 13.5 to 14 volts. I also had the front calipers rebuilt on the other bike. Put those on today and found out the master cylinder has turned into a one way valve. Ordering a new one.

Comment

Ahhh it was incredible out there. Brakes are quiet as a mouse too!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Just put the ignition switch from my '82 750E on the 1100E to replace the one that went stubborn on me at the Spring Ahead Rally...
                    A temporary measure, for sure...don't like having two keys and this switch feels a little, funky...

Also replaced the instrument cluster mounting bracket that had a stripped stud with one from a donor cluster...

Now...I'm going to pull the carbs, replace the float needles and set the float height...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Finished rebuilding front forks on wifes' 450 and put them back on along with the oem headlight holders-what a bear to get those back on and it all lined up. Of course this is my second set of seal, bought ones off ebay which turned out to be a few mm to big and wouldn't go on. Ordered some from bike bandit-went right on. Boy is it hot and humid here! terrylee

Comment

I put a new stator in on the 650 today. 1k rpm idel=13.5v, 2.5k=14.3v, 5k rpm = 14.4v. I think I'll do ok now.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I busted another rear tire on the Ducati S4, that's 4 in a little over a year. 3000 miles each, it doesn't matter what brand.

Comment

tore down my gs1100. this is what it looked like an hour after i got it home.
                            draied the tank, did a bit of clean up on the carbs. only the pilots were a bit clogged. back together today.

Comment

Blood & Guts

The joys of post classic ownership

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                                One beer, including adjustment. Unless the casing is kinked and corroded. Then it's a two beer job. Replacing cable and casing together is still a one beer job. Might lubricate it at the same time.
                                Surely it's always a two beer job! One whilst you do itand one to celebrate!

Comment

Working...
                                X