No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tore down my forks and added a set of Progressive springs and 15w oil. Oil that was in her looked like green snot and the original springs were beyond sold on date years ago. The drain screws are buggered from the PO's, but I will fix that during the off season now that I know how easy it is to do forks if you take your time and read the manual and info available here.

Will be adding new shocks later today and will she how she runs with the new suspension.

Oh, also added a set of repo decals for the rear cowl. Son hates 'em...I am not so sure.

Comment

Put the Dyna coils on. Now I'm off to get some new plug leads.
      There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

took cams out today and indeed the rockers are shot :'( and there is some scoring on some of the cam journals! man i have terrible luck buying used bikes..... not sure if ill need a whole new head or not. put the gsxr fender on and the brakes too. reco sideri g polishing the top triple may just paint her

Comment

redid valve adjustment. Again. after Steve catching the fact that I used a fershlugginner sae instead of metric feeler guages the last time.
          He figured this out via Email, the guy is sharp. I'm so embarassed.
          Also reassembled carbuerators and 'bench synched' them. Not real happy with that. Probably won't get them back on the bike till sunday, I'm so lazy.

Comment

Finally reconnected all the electrical wiring on the bike after work but didn't have time to put the gas tank back on since both of my horses decided to act up tonight. So step-daughter, girlfriend, and I dealt with them instead. I did manage to turn it over after checking all the lights so we'll see tomorrow how things go.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Replaced the tacomiter cable last night .That leves one bulb in the gear indicator and I willl have everthing working .

Comment

Jet switching

Comment

Does A workbench count?

Plan on sand blasting the front and rear fender for the parts bike tonight in preparation for the "New Paint Scheme". Also been working on my new mobile workbench to help me consolidate tools and clean up some fo the crap all over the garage before the wife kills me. Is not much to look at right now but it is solid and hopefully will fulfill the needs i built it for. The fun part is all i bought for it was one 2x4 and the hardware. The lumber was stuff my neighbor was going to throw out and today I scored about 4 half sheets of plywood at aconstruction site. I stopped to aske if I could go through there scrap pile to see if maybe they had some longer 2x4 i could use for braces and stuff and the guy says here take these we can't use em. SCORE! So now I have a pretty nice work bench to work on.

You can see where I started the frame the other night, between yesterday and today I have it just about done. I will grab a pick tonight and post it.

Comment

I started my bike, in the garage. Then I backed it out and took it for a ride.
                    Just cant seem to wanna wrench when the weather is calling me to ride.
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Well, put the gas tank on and went for a drive...no change. So I'll probably have to change out the stator. See my post in electrical.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                        Plan on sand blasting the front and rear fender for the parts bike tonight in preparation for the "New Paint Scheme". Also been working on my new mobile workbench to help me consolidate tools and clean up some fo the crap all over the garage before the wife kills me. Is not much to look at right now but it is solid and hopefully will fulfill the needs i built it for. The fun part is all i bought for it was one 2x4 and the hardware. The lumber was stuff my neighbor was going to throw out and today I scored about 4 half sheets of plywood at aconstruction site. I stopped to aske if I could go through there scrap pile to see if maybe they had some longer 2x4 i could use for braces and stuff and the guy says here take these we can't use em. SCORE! So now I have a pretty nice work bench to work on.

You can see where I started the frame the other night, between yesterday and today I have it just about done. I will grab a pick tonight and post it.
                        Redneck I'm curious, what is the height and pullback on your handlebars? I have an L model and my bars have way more pullback unless my eyes are playing tricks on me

Comment

Swapped out the rusted pullbacks for a more standard set that are nice and shiny given to me by kerrfunk. I never minded the pullbacks, but I am liking the look and feel of these. Bars really change the whole look of a bike.

Comment

Installed the service entry cable and wired up the electrical service for my mobile home i am putting in...inspector passed all my work so i am now just waiting on the electric company to run the power from the main line to the pole. Also scraped off the topsoil where the septic tank is going. Nothing is broken on any of my bikes so all i gotta do is RIDE!!!
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Well I got the bike with those bars but no they are not stock. I have a pair of stock buckhorns from my parts bike and I hated them. Never rode but just sitting on the bike playing with my daughter my wrist would get sore pretending to ride. I believe they are from a BMW bike of some kind, I will talk to the PO. She told me what they were. They kind of go with the seat. Got me BMW seat and bars...woot Redneck cruising on a Beamer...lol. Well I got to get it on the road to be cruising I guess.

Anyway my wrenching for the 15 minutes of free time I had was mounting the turn signals. Tomorrow I get to hook em up and see if they work.

Paul

Comment

I screwed on the new to me ignitor and rode the bike for the first time in over a month

Comment

Working...
                                X