No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was a giant computer monitor, at first! Nice!!

I bought this ugly bike in New Hampshire and have it apart doing suspension work and took the plastic off to repair, sand and paint the original color scheme.

NOT MY GARAGE, though, where the pic was taken.
    Somewhere on the road back home.

1979 GS1000

Comment

I got my 69 CJ5 running after 7 years. Now for the breaks.
      V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

The Jeep has brakes now.
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

i was about to ride to bangka island to take some vacation on beach there (solo riding)....but my GS stator just burnt....(it sucks yeah)....why its just burnt when i'm going to ride

and i'm re-winding with new wires (aproximately 0.2mm thicker than stock wires)....and finally the juice flow again...hehe

both of them r burnt already

and after re-winding with thicker wires

ok folks....i know you love to see my pic on vacation...but , my riding vacation is delay until i'm sure my re-winding stator tested...sorry guys

if its good to go...then i go to beach in bangka island at the end of january
          Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

It's zreo degrees in my garage, I'll be lucky if I can wrench myself offa the recliner today.

Comment

Looks like tidy wind ,celesboy1!
              I rewound mine "thicker" too .It doesn't put out as high a voltage idling at stops, but I am happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                Looks like tidy wind ,celesboy1!
                I rewound mine "thicker" too .It doesn't put out as high a voltage idling at stops, but I am happy with it.
                thanks gormin...
                its doesn't improve voltage IMO....but if you want higher voltage @low rpm...you should rewinding with longer wires...not thicker

thicker wires just improve current amps (means charging faster @idle rpm)

the main concept (and its tricky) is how to rewinding with longer and thicker wires till the crane's full...but still tidy (as far as i know...almost all japanese bike's stator just have half wounded wires...and rewinding it till crane full can made some improvement)

fyi : new stock stator = us$90
                rewinding old burnt stator = about us$10

actually....i learn to winding stator since i was kid...its about 15years ago maybe (at those time i was play with mini 4wd miniature cars that branded "tamiya")...hehe
                its much more tricky to make mini4wd runs 60mph....than rewinding an old gs stator to make it runs 60mph too....
                Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Today my grips finally came in-can't wait to get these on my 500.

Do you need to put any type of glue on? I've heard yes and no.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan300 View Post

Oh wow, those are a great price! wow.. I have these on both my bikes.. and neither have the left grip glued on.. They do not slip off yet can turn with a bit of effort.. I like being able to rotate my grip on long road trips to eleviate hand fatigue.. You don't want to so loose that they will slide off the ends, though.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan300 View Post

No way I would have conical end caps on hand grips. In some kinds of collisions/falls they could pierce the rider's torso.
                      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Right now at work I'm working on a $250,000 gas turbine engine swap!
                        The output shaft stripped its splines and the little metal fragments got sucked through the turbine.

This is the engine for a co-generation unit, not sure of the specs but it powers a large canola seed plant and biodiesel refinery and provides heat for all the steam the entire place needs.

And it's FRIGGIN COOL!!!!

This thing has an intake manifold you can park a semi truck in, 56 air filters!!!

Comment

^^That's awesome Tank!

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That IS cool. Also cool is that youre working on crazy expensive precision equipment, and ride a ratty old cycle........and the hvac tech (me) has a 30 year old system at his home on its last legs...
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Been a couple days recently that I could have gone for a ride. Went out to the garage and finished my SH-775 RR and Switched Ignition relay project. The UPS guy brought my new Shinko 230's Wednesday, I will mount the front on the tubeless wheel I got from Nessism tomorrow before watching the Seahawks win the Superbowl. The biggest automotive swap meet of the year is next week, then the Winternationals. Spring fever is alive and well....
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Did a complete overhaul of the carbs for my GS1000.
                                Carb dip, ultrasonic, new o-rings, it was the first time the carbs had ever been off the bike.
                                After/while wrestling them back onto the bike the bottom throttle cable came unhinged. Now i am fighting to get it attached at the handlebar. I don't remember it being this difficult.
                                CRS syndrome has set in.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X